• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Valves No Longer Available

AJMBLAZER

I believe the 6.2L HMMWV uses a different CDR valve...maybe? At any rate, I bet the military has a couple zillion of them sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Then again they are phasing the 6.2L trucks out of the inventory or converting them to 6.5L.

Milkman357

CDR valve...

I've been reading about CDR Valves....

Seems some say they anrt needed....just bypass with rubber tubing...

On a Ford Forum whatever diesel it was (A newer one) had to have it. They recommended cleaning with Gasoline...not solvent...every other oil change.

What is the opinion of Steel Soldiers?

I think I read somewhere if your Piston rings are in good shape it's not an issue.

As they wear, and blowby increases that's where the problem occurs...

Either way there has to be a suitable alternative.

a68cudas

Stonepicker1 told me that it could be done. As far as what solvent, and how many times I dunno. Sounds viable though. Perhaps let it soak in odorless mineral spirits, blow it out/let dry, then reinstall? :confused:
I know ive cleaned a egr valve out and also an iac valve on a s10 blazer, and i have always used can of carb cleaner to clean those out with

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A cdr valve has rubber in it, do not use carb cleaner.

REGULATOR

Sooo where are we at with this? and technicaly is this an emmissions item aren't they supposed to make them for a number of years to come then?

Or is it they are ONLY available now from GM dealers?

and the HMMVW with 6.2 used the same valve, I swapped an engine from one into mine, but think the oil consumption in my M1009 may be attributed to the CDR.. was hoping to buy one and see.. but sheesh they are becoming rare I guess?

going to check local CHevy dealer wondering if I still have one from the old engine.. might be sitting inthe scrap pile from the swap..

guess a trip to Napa or Autozone would be a waste of time or maybe they might have one laying on the shelf... covered in dust

AJMBLAZER

Dig dig dig and find a 6.2L CDR valve. If not, 6.5L valve cover and use 6.5L CDR valves.

No, you can't clean them. GM and the military say that's a no no and that yes, you need them.
GM dealer, maybe military surplus, or do the 6.5L valve cover conversion.

Sorry, no easy answers.

REGULATOR

Id take one or two if you get some in...

don't want to be too greedy.. and I hate the thought of outbidding somebody on ebay that might really need one worse then me, or not have the money...

But I'm away from home right now, and I 'm not sure if my 16 yr old would be able to navigate the napa or autozone route, and would probably not survive a trip to a Chevy/GM dealer alive...

so want to order some and have it shipped to him, seems liek he'd be able to swap it out and see if it runs better, if not, keep the old one on standby it might still be good enough...

m38inmaine

I am still getting payment for these and I sold out long ago, sorry I don't have anymore. Again SOLD OUT of CDR valves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks