• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center Console - Alt to Fiberglass?

01GRANDER

Hey,

I am trying to build a center console for my Hmmwv. I am making the structure out of wood but want to cover it so it looks more professional. Is there anything besides fiberglass that can be used to create a more professional look? Anything that maybe could be applied like a paste and then smoothed? Or is it pretty much just fiberglass? I’ve never used it soot could be pretty easy but I just wish there was something like bondo but lightweight and sandable.

Thanks

01GRANDER

Did you try looking for a metal cargo box with the dimensions you're thinking of?
No, I’m making a very specific shape with multiple angles and compartments. That’s why I need something to layer on top to make it more solid and more impervious to water and paintable.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I’m making a very specific shape with multiple angles and compartments. That’s why I need something to layer on top to make it more solid and more impervious to water and paintable.
You might jump on youtube and look up broke overland he has a few episodes of him building a good looking console and headliner as sharp as ive seen.

01GRANDER

You might jump on youtube and look up broke overland he has a few episodes of him building a good looking console and headliner as sharp as ive seen.
Ok thanks I’ll check the channel out. I’ve looked at a few videos, I think some will just need to be learned but it’s good to get a good knowledge base for common issues and mistakes.

ramdough

You could coat it with a DIY spray on bed liner. That would give it a textures to hide flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks