• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia, WA Freedom Fest July 4, 2012

Amer-team

Hello team, July 4, starting at 0800 in Borst Park, Centralia WA 98531, there will be a military display. this is an open era display, meaning, bring what you have and want to display as long as it is tasteful. Please no live ammo at this event.
There is a community breakfast starting at 0700. We will really start our display somewhere in the 0830 to 0900 range and go till 1230. convoy to my house for lunch, and then line up for the parade about 1500 with the parade at 1600. When that is over everyone is dismissed to break for home.
This is a family event on both our side and the publics, so kids are welcome. They have many different games and activities for the kids during the course of the day. If you have a hands on display to share that day it would be great.
Hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

Thank you for your consideration of attending. This event, if the weather holds, is great fun. We have been doing it for at least 12 years and having a standing invitation from the event organizers. We usually have about 8 to 12 vehicles for the parade but the more the merrier.
If we have spare qualified drivers, I will probably be able to hook someone up with a vehicle.

Amer-team

Time to wake this one up.
Anyone else considering coming for this one? We have been doing it for about a dozen years and it is always well received by the public. If you want to do a display in addition to your vehicle, bring it along. In the past we have fielded 8 to 12 vehicles, but the more the merrier.
Hope to see you there. Peter L.

Amer-team

This is a fun event and the folks that visit at the park really enjoy it. the parade is fun as well. They want people to line up for the parade by 1400 for judging, so we go at 1500. The people that matter most know what we are and that is what's important. I checked today and there seems to be a different group running the parade this year and there is confusion about the registration process, so I will be getting with that.

REDROCKET

Just keep us posted on how to register! If there is anything you need help w/let me know. I think I've talked Mr. Frank into joining me on this one, too (although he won't ride hack there he'll still attend).

Amer-team

RR, you tell me you are going to come and you are signed up. Have been hosting this event for probably a dozen years and haven't heard anyone complain that they went home hungry yet. Of course Frank is welcome. If you keep draggin him along, maybe we can convert him.

And if you would like to come down pre event and swab decks, cut the lawn, trim the hedges and a few other things so we can tell folks the house always looks like this, you are welcome to. :)

Amer-team

Got parade registration in today, so we are good to go with that. All the other schedule is still the same. If you are coming from the north, take exit 82, turn rt. at the bottom of the ramp, turn left at the first road and drive straight into the park. If coming from the south, take exit 82, turn left at the bottom of the ramp, go to first street turn left and go straight into the park. Breakfast at the park starts at 0700, but think most of us will arrive around 0800 and want to be in place by 0900. Hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

Current forecast is for 73 on the 4th. Perfect MV weather.

Got a call from the local Legion Commander last night and will meet with him tomorrow about hauling some of his folks that are not up to the walk anymore. The Legion leads the parade with the flag and honor guard. They will then be followed by one or two of our vehicles hauling their people. The rest of our team will be somewhere else in the parade.

0800 for breakfast at the park and on deck at 0900 for display to the public. Lunch to follow about 1300. To the parade at 1500.

If you have questions, chime in. Thank you. P

Amer-team

They are still holding on 73 for Wed. the Legion Commander came by today and checked out the M54. He thinks that will be a great platform for his guys, that can't walk the route that well anymore. If the weather is good, we will pull the cargo cover, if not, will roll up the sides.
Talked with people that will be handling the display at the park to make sure we get a straight in shot for the vehicles, through the gate that they normally have locked. Will try to be on traffic control duty to make sure this goes smoothly. Things are tight space wise and so it is a bugger with some of the bigger trucks if they go in the wrong way.

See you Wednesday.

REDROCKET

GREAT CALL w/having a truck for the local Legion guys to ride in. Bet they will enjoy that. Happy to hear about the weather, too. Would you happen to know anything about evening events in and around your area? The way we see it is if we are there for the morning events we may as well stick around for anything that may be going on at night, too (seeing that our neighborhood SUCKS).

Guess I should hurry up and knock the dirt off my rig tonight or tomorrow, eh? :oops:

Amer-team

Events go, breakfast, have to do the important stuff first, display, lunch, at my house, bs, parade at 1600 and then everyone is free to do what they like. There is a destruction derby at the fairgrounds followed by a fireworks show. Hope this helps.

Talked with an Army NG staff Sgt. today to put the request in to get a truck or two from their unit on the 4th. He said he thought that is something that his commander would support and will be checking, today. So we might have a stray Humvee or Hemmet in attendance.

If anyone is coming with a civy vehicle, if you would like, you could park at my house and ride over with us to the park. We will be leaving my house at about 0730, then coming back at around 1230 for lunch. PM me for address if interested in this option. So far 4 people have expressed interest in this idea. Saves on parking issue in the event area.

RR did you get that rig cleaned yet? Don't want you embarrasing the rest of us with a rig that isn't nice and shiny like the rest of ours. :)

REDROCKET

Nope! The rig is STILL dirty. I'm going to take the windshield off so it looks a little more old-skool. That and I'm going to fill the "bomb box" on the front of the tub w/candy. :cool: I got a lot to do between NOW and THEN. I'll send you a PM for your addy. I'd like to meet you there and follow if I could.

Amer-team

Dirty is fine. There probably weren't to many clean motorcycles on the Eastern Front. If you want to disasemble here, bring your stuff and we can stow it in the back of the 5 ton.

See you in the AM

REDROCKET

That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!! I may take the windshields off at home (need them off for an event on the 7th anyway) ... but maybe I could hide my riding gear in your truck?