• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing all 4 belts.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That lower bolt is key to getting the belts tight... Mine still flap a bit but ....

kcpstudio

Ha ha ha.... I just had to deal with belts last night. It gets easier. I think for me the biggest PITA is hovering over the truck trying to get comfortable while working with tools. It’s like playing the game Twister.

TonkaT

I know this is an old thread, but since it references the quick connect mod I figured this applied. In an effort to not curse the AM General design team the next time I change the belts, I envisioned the quick connect mod. I thought it was my original idea, but a search through the forum squashed that. The idea is already a purchasable upgrade kit. BUT, me being hard headed I took the challenge to find a locally available parts for the mod. There is a kit you can purchase online that is surely more correct, but oh well. Here's what I purchased from my trusty local hydraulic hose shop. Total price for the quick connects and fittings was $17. A good bit cheaper than the kits I googled up. Here's a pic of the fittings with sizes and part numbers for the QC male and female. I originally planned to used airline/compressor quick connects, but sought the more appropriate fittings after seeing feedback from Action on this forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks