• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing M923 to a M923A1

doolest

Doolest not sure you will like the 14.00 over the 11.00 in the sand I have some time with both on sand and if your truck is going to stay off road I think my choice would be 395's up front and 11.00 duals in back or, 395's or 14.00's all the way around duals in rear.
thanks for the info jeff...think we are in fact going to change the fron first and see what that does...front was were we had the most issues in the sand...likely the biggest issue is the sand itself...basically a big dune we have a road on...i know not the best theory for a road...but it was already there

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
The reason I was asking about the spare tire is if you look at the truck specks, the M923A1 is 3" longer than the M923. That is because they moved the bed back 3" and put a 3" wider spare tire carrier in place. Has anyone made that conversion yet?
I own a 86 M923 and a 1985 M923A1. I like the smoother ride of the M923. The RPM's shift a little faster on the M923A1, which makes the truck from a stopped possition, faster up to speed. But the 1400's do bounce alot more but have better grip in sand and snow.

DSC00541.jpgDSC00347.jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diverman your timing on this question is perfect. I have taken all the measurements pertaining to the spare mounting location on my 925 and have come up with a way that I can very neatly trip the front lip on the bed and remove enough metal that the single tire will fit, I can remove the metal then welt the lip back on including the rounded lip on the corner of the bed so it will appear almost perfect, then pull the plate the tire sits on and make that wider to fit the new tire, add an inside tube to the davit hoist so it will support the new tire when lifting it in place and all should be set. I took one look at moving my bed back 3 inches on the frame and said NO WAY am I going to do that. I will be starting this project in a couple weeks so I will start a thread when the work gets going, it will work though!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks