• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap eBay LEDs - The Install

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you need a 2 into 1 Y- connector for the front and 3 into 1 for the rear right? Go ahead and PM me your addy, I'll toss a few items in a box and send them out. I think this stuff I have will make life easy for you!

Edit; got you a nice little collection of goodies ideal for what you are doing. It's already boxed up in a flat rate box waiting for an address!

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you need a 2 into 1 Y- connector for the front and 3 into 1 for the rear right? Go ahead and PM me your addy, I'll toss a few items in a box and send them out. I think this stuff I have will make life easy for you!

Edit; got you a nice little collection of goodies ideal for what you are doing. It's already boxed up in a flat rate box waiting for an address!
Wow thanks man! PM sent!

:driver:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the bix from Kenny today - almost through my back out carrying it in here! Dude has me hooked up with every connector, splitter, wire, heat shrink and even a roll of tape. Thanks man!

Now to undo the redneck way and do it up RIGHT.

With more pics of course.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was there a pto in the box?
Two. And 12 gallons of TAN paint and a rear axle so you can fix your deuces.

Got the back wiring all fixed up nice and my camera is DEAD. I hope to figure it out before Friday when I fly to WA for my daughter's wedding.

Thanks again Kenny! I just need to put the Y connector up front and it's all done.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makin mike do all the work!! YEA :deadhorse: Nice lights man.
Yeah, I guess that's what it takes to keep the iPod charged, the iPhone on, the cable TV feed, the video game systems, the laptop with high speed internet, the RC car parts and on and on and on.

Wow, when you think about it - I'm pretty harsh as a parent. Maybe I need to pat his head and get him a cookie while he watches TV.

rofl

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ok, I rest my case. [thumbzup]

Yeah, I guess that's what it takes to keep the iPod charged, the iPhone on, the cable TV feed, the video game systems, the laptop with high speed internet, the RC car parts and on and on and on.

Wow, when you think about it - I'm pretty harsh as a parent. Maybe I need to pat his head and get him a cookie while he watches TV.

rofl

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up another set of rears today. The new lower price made it impossible not to. I was able to lowball offer about 18% and it was manually accepted an hour later.

If you don't understand or need more info, search or just PM me.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the wiring being done, I thought you would have taken care of that license plate light (or lack thereof) that you got stopped for a few weeks ago.:wink:
As soon as a fix it ticket motivates me.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got enough for everything here. I might order some spares though.

I did just order everything for the H4 headlight upgrade.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug- real interested in how your H4 project goes- please start a thread or PM me- appreciate it.
I will when the parts arrive and we do the install. Basiclly I got a set of seven inch reflectors, a set of H4 24 volt bulbs and some heavy duty pig tails off of eBay. Total cost was under 80 for all the parts shipped from 3 different vendors. I should have picked up a couple extra bulbs too.

I plan to solder on military style connectors on my new pig tails and plug in. No mods to the original wiring at all. There are several good threads on here that I used to guide me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks