• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy/Ford Body on deuce frame??

tm america

i think it would be cool to put a cabover cab on a deuce put a sleeper behind it and then slide a different suspesion under the front and make it a 8x8.all of this without making the frame longer maybe cut the stoce duece bed down to fit whatever you have left behind the sleeper. maybe 10ft or so.oh ya hydro steering would be nice to maybe even get fancy and do all wheel steering with some 395s on there and a cummins 6bt and a allison.hydro winchs front and rear and a dump to

Flat Black

if you are using a deuce frame with stock engine location and plan to do something like this

your front passengers would need to be pretty skinny as most of the front seat would be engine. (assuming you didnt swap in a smaller motor like an ISB, lower it in the chassis and/or push it rearward)

Last edited:

tm america

ya something like that but i would mount my front suspension farther forward. i think one of those old 1970s gmc -white cab over cabs would work nicely or one of the ones from the ford cab overs like from 1960-1980s

Alredneck

Banned
Stacking frames make a good bit of room for AG tires, only problem then is spacing of rear axles.

With the 395s should work pretty good, I would have them mounted on the deuce frame so you can alinge the body for no rubbing, well if they are mounted on stock deuce wheels, they will rub anyway. Get some pics!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to the Chevy - Ford body theme, I am thinking to put my Yukon body on a deuce frame when the motor/transmission gives out.

It would be nice to have a 6x6 couch :wink:

rizzo

It appears that they kept part of the original frame in the pic... or maybe a modified channel body subframe?! I've seen it in a video, and it has a gas burner v-8 by the sound of it.
it is a LWB deuce chasis with the middle axle pushed forward a bit. the body is a quad cab with a extended cab welded to the back and two bed sides welded together. It has a 460 auto trans and transfer in front of a deuce air shift t case.

bigdog12

Itried putting a deuce motor in a ford f8000,same cab and frontclip as the 700,800 series,cut out the fire wall all the way up to the bottom of the dash,still wouldnt fit. I was going to raise the cab with a body lift to make it work,deuce engine is pretty big,good luck

sgtdawg

I would love to do this with a newer style ford body 99-07 :-D
I was thinking the same thing. I am planning on buying an m35a2 w/ winch and driving it until I can size out and buy the right cab/body for the conversion.

The only issue is I have no idea if it would really fit. sized some pictures and made a mock-up of my idea. I would like to keep as much stock as possible.

Attachments

uberredneck

BUMP, has anyone gone forward with this project?? I had a Ram 3500 with a blown motor and the truck was considered totaled, but i kept the body and would like to put it on a Deuce frame. I would Bob the Deuce and keep the Deuce drivetrain intact. the only modifications would probably be the air intake, and relocation of the radior to fit under the Dodge hood, what do yall think??? :)mULTIfUEL dODGE.jpgHere is a pic I made in Paint. I would love to keep the Multi-Fuel with a newer Dodge body!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been done up here in the wild north.
Not a newer truck but still looks good. It is also for sale. I believe the guy is asking 16' for it.
Now that is one sweet ride. My wife has been wanting me to get an older pickup. I might have to show her this one ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks