• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

Guyfang

Staff member
When I was about 4-5 years old, we were down in East Texas visiting family. I went outside wearing flip flops and found a huge red ant hill. So I got on top, and began to stamp my feet. Having a great time! Then the pain hit me. I ran screaming and crying around the house 2-3 times before anyone could catch me. Ants are not to be fooled with.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was about 4-5 years old, we were down in East Texas visiting family. I went outside wearing flip flops and found a huge red ant hill. So I got on top, and began to stamp my feet. Having a great time! Then the pain hit me. I ran screaming and crying around the house 2-3 times before anyone could catch me. Ants are not to be fooled with.
I liked to scoop up a big coffee cup full of them and pour them down in my drawers when i lived down there ! Made me feel ALIVE !!!!! iT WAS GREAT !

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
East Texas is where I learned about "fire ant balls". No, it's not what it sounds like lol.

When it floods, (and it floods a LOT there) the ants who are washed out of their hills will form into a ball, sort of "holding hands". They are even smart enough to rotate the ball so their buddies can breathe. Woe be unto anyone who becomes an island for one of those floating colonies!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
East Texas is where I learned about "fire ant balls". No, it's not what it sounds like lol.

When it floods, (and it floods a LOT there) the ants who are washed out of their hills will form into a ball, sort of "holding hands". They are even smart enough to rotate the ball so their buddies can breathe. Woe be unto anyone who becomes an island for one of those floating colonies!
GAS ////////// POUR///////// LIGHT/////////DONE/////////RINSE/////////REPEAT IF NEEDED !!!!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh, except if they're on you....
Yea thats what im sayin pour the gas down in your drawers a few minutes after you release the fire ant in your pant wait a minute then ignite ! Like Richard Pryor said people will get out of your way when your on fire ! U should google what incarcerated cereal killers do with hat pins ! LOL all new sensations !

Guyfang

Staff member
Never had crabs. Did have scabies. I wont go into how that came about. But when it started to drive me insane, the only thing that helped was taking a hot bath. All well and good, but every other 24 hours, I was on duty on the Missile site. There was no hot bath there. There was only 2 cold water taps, and they didn't work all year long.

About the time I was ready to shoot myself, I went to the Dispensary. After waiting a bit, Capt. Feather Brain called me in. He asked me a few questions, I dropped my pants and underwear and lifted my shirt up. He checked me out. Then he told me to sit down and started thumbing through a HUGE book. After a few while, he put the book down and told me to get dressed and that he was not sure what I had, but was going to try a few things out. I jumped up. And screaming at the top of my lungs, "You Mother F*****! You are a F****** doctor! What the F*** is wrong with me! Fix me you SOB!" And so on. In my defense, I was not at my best that day. Doctor F.B. was backed up in a corner, holding his chair in front of him.

All the sudden, a large hand had me by the arm and spun me around. A very large man, was glaring down at me. He said, "You can not talk to my doctors like that! Whats your problem?" Well, the Commander of the Dispensary, Major M. A large man from Greece. So I took a step back and yanked my pants and underwear down, and my shirt up. He looked at me for maybe 10 seconds, and laughed. Turned around, and started to chew on Capt. F.B. "Young man, don't you know what he has? Are you blind? This is about the most classic case of Scabies I have seen since Vietnam!"

I began to think, maybe, someone knows what is wrong, and, more important, how to cure me. Then, Major M. told the doctor to go get, every person who worked in his Dispensary, RIGHT NOW, and they were to come look at me. He then spun around and told me, "You, young man, will stand at the position of attention, and continue to hold up your fatigue shirt!" I was not feeling so good now.

So, for the next 15 Min or so, all the medical personnel, the cleaning lady, the gardener and probably a wandering minstrel or two, filed in, and looked at my "Problem". One guy, a SP/5, who I would get to know VERY well a few months later after a bad car wreck, said, "Looks like you stuck it in a blender." I felt a little overwhelmed. I was glad to get my Extra Large tube of Quail Cream and slink out of the Dispensary. Oh, I even took a shower in Gasoline. Didn't help, I stank like gas, and felt like I had jumped into a bath of acid.

Third From Texas

I was about to leave to ferry a yacht form TX to FL. A really sweet Gulfstar Sailmaster 50.

A few days before the trip, the first mate who lived on the boat came down with with this really ugly rash.

Turned out to be impetigo with a side dose of scabies.

Poor dude was covered with plague.

We were assured it would not interfere with the delivery.

Yeah...nope.

Only the local captain ending up going with him on the trip. I was disappointed to have missed the trip, but later learned that the captain of course ended up getting infected. I felt better about skipping that delivery...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never had crabs. Did have scabies. I wont go into how that came about. But when it started to drive me insane, the only thing that helped was taking a hot bath. All well and good, but every other 24 hours, I was on duty on the Missile site. There was no hot bath there. There was only 2 cold water taps, and they didn't work all year long.

About the time I was ready to shoot myself, I went to the Dispensary. After waiting a bit, Capt. Feather Brain called me in. He asked me a few questions, I dropped my pants and underwear and lifted my shirt up. He checked me out. Then he told me to sit down and started thumbing through a HUGE book. After a few while, he put the book down and told me to get dressed and that he was not sure what I had, but was going to try a few things out. I jumped up. And screaming at the top of my lungs, "You Mother F*****! You are a F****** doctor! What the F*** is wrong with me! Fix me you SOB!" And so on. In my defense, I was not at my best that day. Doctor F.B. was backed up in a corner, holding his chair in front of him.

All the sudden, a large hand had me by the arm and spun me around. A very large man, was glaring down at me. He said, "You can not talk to my doctors like that! Whats your problem?" Well, the Commander of the Dispensary, Major M. A large man from Greece. So I took a step back and yanked my pants and underwear down, and my shirt up. He looked at me for maybe 10 seconds, and laughed. Turned around, and started to chew on Capt. F.B. "Young man, don't you know what he has? Are you blind? This is about the most classic case of Scabies I have seen since Vietnam!"

I began to think, maybe, someone knows what is wrong, and, more important, how to cure me. Then, Major M. told the doctor to go get, every person who worked in his Dispensary, RIGHT NOW, and they were to come look at me. He then spun around and told me, "You, young man, will stand at the position of attention, and continue to hold up your fatigue shirt!" I was not feeling so good now.

So, for the next 15 Min or so, all the medical personnel, the cleaning lady, the gardener and probably a wandering minstrel or two, filed in, and looked at my "Problem". One guy, a SP/5, who I would get to know VERY well a few months later after a bad car wreck, said, "Looks like you stuck it in a blender." I felt a little overwhelmed. I was glad to get my Extra Large tube of Quail Cream and slink out of the Dispensary. Oh, I even took a shower in Gasoline. Didn't help, I stank like gas, and felt like I had jumped into a bath of acid.
First off if my wife brings scabies back home from Germany this fall i will personally bring a 400 lb silverback gorilla with HIV and a large HANKERING to cuddle with a gopro on his head to you little den of sin and back the cage up to your front door and ring the doorbell !

And of coarse 30 yrs of R&R I may or may not have become sidetracked by scantily clad young women wanting to go backstage and the cutest thing made me an offer lets say that gained her ALL ACCESS that evening in Vegas and as usual im a few states away by sun up the next morning reflecting back on the night before feeling pretty good about the hole episode and further down the road a few days i seemed to have gained a quite healthy burning sensation on my skin in well lets say below my belly button and above my knees and i start washing/showering real often with no let up in sight so by a few days later im on fire and we have a day off so i can slip off to some local sawbones to hear the verdict (IM DIEING) (YOU HAVE 3 DAYS TO LIVE) These things running thru my mind while sitting in the waiting room and filling out this clip board of the biggest lies ive ever told about who i was and the nurse takes the clipboard and vanishes into the back and finally comes back like she had just had a 3 letter agency do my background and called B.S. on my identity to which between the fire in my pants and her on my but im just about to burst to which i wispered in her ear that i was in WITSAC and couldnt reveal my true identity to which she leaves and another nurse takes me back to the doctor and like you he says drop trial which wasnt my most favorite idea but what the hell and he looks for a second or 2 and i just know its gona be bad he laughs and says ive basicly have a rash that could have come from a door knob or any common public area but me washing it with soap like a mad man had really pissed it off so he gives me a tube of some kind of cream and by the second morning im just about back to normal so if i had not waited for a week like a big dummy but you know the rule u dont go see the doctor till u just cant take anymore lol AND beware of really cute hotties with long figernails that might scratch you in haste and me being in my 20s at the time didnt help my decision making but did make me leary of long finger nails to this day ! lol

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was about to leave to ferry a yacht form TX to FL. A really sweet Gulfstar Sailmaster 50.

A few days before the trip, the first mate who lived on the boat came down with with this really ugly rash.

Turned out to be impetigo with a side dose of scabies.

Poor dude was covered with plague.

We were assured it would not interfere with the delivery.

Yeah...nope.

Only the local captain ending up going with him on the trip. I was disappointed to have missed the trip, but later learned that the captain of course ended up getting infected. I felt better about skipping that delivery...
If it had been a cute girl you would have went on the trip if i didnt beat u to it !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AHHHHH well with the heat index at between 105-110 i thought it would be a great week to work on the truck and get some small things done ! So i got the chrome polish out and polished all the tail/marker lights and they turned out like new and then got my 10/11 meter radio and antenna built and mounted in the cab so i can keep in touch with all my cb friends lol !View attachment 872493View attachment 872494View attachment 872495View attachment 872496
tHE DR. SIDE ANT MOUNT

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky, mount looks good quality and install looked good.....get standing wave set and youll be a chatting road buggy.
Already done on the drivers side and got it down just above 1.0 so thats great for swrs and getting around 92% efficiency out of the antenna ! Running a RANGER RCI 63FFC-4 that WILL TALK ! lol it comes with a power cable that looks like jumper cables that you run directly to the batteries and running the old pay telephone metal flex mic chord and the chrome Turner/telex -56 mic that on many occasions when ive turned the knobs up when we would be shooting skip in the early am the microphone is lightly stinging your lip chasing out any more ground it can find anywhere but you knew you were getting out there in skip land ! My long time runnin buddy always ran these same ranger with a big box mounted in behind the front bumper on the bus wired direct to the 3 big 8d agm house batteries and ive actually seen him melt the cover and start smoking his hustler big top load antenna the oil inside the load got so hot to trash it out that morning i still laugh when he set his microphone down on the dash i told him his antenna was about to burst into flames it was so funny ! Everyone knew to never pick their mics up to talk when todd was on a skip tear once we got parked up in the mornings it could run his burst rite back down your antenna and smoke your radio if you wernt careful ! On the passenger side mount with the army antenna i couldnt ever get anywhere near good enough swrs were high i wanted to try to use it but ni dice plus it slaps everything in town its so tall with both pieces screwed together but it looks cool lol !

GopherHill

First off if my wife brings scabies back home from Germany this fall i will personally bring a 400 lb silverback gorilla with HIV and a large HANKERING to cuddle with a gopro on his head to you little den of sin and back the cage up to your front door and ring the doorbell !

And of coarse 30 yrs of R&R I may or may not have become sidetracked by scantily clad young women wanting to go backstage and the cutest thing made me an offer lets say that gained her ALL ACCESS that evening in Vegas and as usual im a few states away by sun up the next morning reflecting back on the night before feeling pretty good about the hole episode and further down the road a few days i seemed to have gained a quite healthy burning sensation on my skin in well lets say below my belly button and above my knees and i start washing/showering real often with no let up in sight so by a few days later im on fire and we have a day off so i can slip off to some local sawbones to hear the verdict (IM DIEING) (YOU HAVE 3 DAYS TO LIVE) These things running thru my mind while sitting in the waiting room and filling out this clip board of the biggest lies ive ever told about who i was and the nurse takes the clipboard and vanishes into the back and finally comes back like she had just had a 3 letter agency do my background and called B.S. on my identity to which between the fire in my pants and her on my but im just about to burst to which i wispered in her ear that i was in WITSAC and couldnt reveal my true identity to which she leaves and another nurse takes me back to the doctor and like you he says drop trial which wasnt my most favorite idea but what the hell and he looks for a second or 2 and i just know its gona be bad he laughs and says ive basicly have a rash that could have come from a door knob or any common public area but me washing it with soap like a mad man had really pissed it off so he gives me a tube of some kind of cream and by the second morning im just about back to normal so if i had not waited for a week like a big dummy but you know the rule u dont go see the doctor till u just cant take anymore lol AND beware of really cute hotties with long figernails that might scratch you in haste and me being in my 20s at the time didnt help my decision making but did make me leary of long finger nails to this day ! lol
Dog dip will work. Gets rid of your fleas and bed bugs too.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dog dip will work. Gets rid of your fleas and bed bugs too.
Last time she went off on spree she came home with a bad rash in a few unmentionable place and i got that to go away by putting burnt motor oil on the spots 3 times a day and she had to sleep in cedar shavings for a few weeks as well out in the driveway them things tear my sinuses up !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks