• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cincinnati area Veterans' Parade, Sunday, NOV 6

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all who made it out. We had 12 trucks and one trailer. OUTSTANDING ! [thumbzup]

Cav Trooper
Sevin7
jw4x4
gimpyrobb
swbradley1
CW3Topher and Nancy
augiedoggy
donnerwetter58
hatteras4164
Dmaxcc6spd
BRUTUS12
Junkyard Wars Crusher

Once again, we received the Best Military Unit Award. (can you put up a picture of it Chris?)

Here is a pic courtesy of Dmaxcc6spd

2011-11-06_14-38-30_421.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was afraid they wouldn't see any of us for the Gimpyscreen, I mean smoke screen.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's that BIG RED THANG ! ! !

It was a beautiful day for a parade and great to see everyone there and meet some new members! Thanks to Jeff (crusher) for inviting us! Here are some pics I took:
Augie:
Great pics and video - Congrats on the award.

Just one question....

Ref Post #35, Pic #2 - What's that BIG RED THANG following the MV's?
It show up at the end of your video clanking its BELL, too.....

It's a curious machine.

Thanks,
John

augiedoggy

Augie:
Great pics and video - Congrats on the award.

Just one question....

Ref Post #35, Pic #2 - What's that BIG RED THANG following the MV's?
It show up at the end of your video clanking its BELL, too.....

It's a curious machine.

Thanks,
John
Hey John, that Was a curious vehicle, It apperared to be an old Mack truck cab/frame (50s-60s??) with a wooden box car (railroad) built on it. It kept firing shots and smoke......BOOM!:shock: didn't get a chance to check it out. I'll see if I have anymore pics or maybe another member got pics.

Cav Trooper

The vehicle is called a Box Car. The organization is the 40&8 which is a select group within the American Legion. The 40&8 stands for 40 men and 8 horses and the boxcar stems from WWI in France. If you belond to the American Legion, you have to be invited to join the 40&8 and have been very active in the Legion for some time, more of an honorary club. Some of the Voitures (clubs) have replicas of steam engines and a boxcar trailer pulled behind for parades.

augiedoggy

The vehicle is called a Box Car. The organization is the 40&8 which is a select group within the American Legion. The 40&8 stands for 40 men and 8 horses and the boxcar stems from WWI in France. If you belond to the American Legion, you have to be invited to join the 40&8 and have been very active in the Legion for some time, more of an honorary club. Some of the Voitures (clubs) have replicas of steam engines and a boxcar trailer pulled behind for parades.
Thank-you for the info!! So, it IS an MV! very cool!! :beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
CRAP! I didn't realize that was you. Next time I will make sure I stop over and see who I might know. I loved the cannon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks