• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cincinnati area Veterans' Parade, Sunday, NOV 6

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all who made it out. We had 12 trucks and one trailer. OUTSTANDING ! [thumbzup]

Cav Trooper
Sevin7
jw4x4
gimpyrobb
swbradley1
CW3Topher and Nancy
augiedoggy
donnerwetter58
hatteras4164
Dmaxcc6spd
BRUTUS12
Junkyard Wars Crusher

Once again, we received the Best Military Unit Award. (can you put up a picture of it Chris?)

Here is a pic courtesy of Dmaxcc6spd

2011-11-06_14-38-30_421.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was afraid they wouldn't see any of us for the Gimpyscreen, I mean smoke screen.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's that BIG RED THANG ! ! !

It was a beautiful day for a parade and great to see everyone there and meet some new members! Thanks to Jeff (crusher) for inviting us! Here are some pics I took:
Augie:
Great pics and video - Congrats on the award.

Just one question....

Ref Post #35, Pic #2 - What's that BIG RED THANG following the MV's?
It show up at the end of your video clanking its BELL, too.....

It's a curious machine.

Thanks,
John

augiedoggy

Augie:
Great pics and video - Congrats on the award.

Just one question....

Ref Post #35, Pic #2 - What's that BIG RED THANG following the MV's?
It show up at the end of your video clanking its BELL, too.....

It's a curious machine.

Thanks,
John
Hey John, that Was a curious vehicle, It apperared to be an old Mack truck cab/frame (50s-60s??) with a wooden box car (railroad) built on it. It kept firing shots and smoke......BOOM!:shock: didn't get a chance to check it out. I'll see if I have anymore pics or maybe another member got pics.

Cav Trooper

The vehicle is called a Box Car. The organization is the 40&8 which is a select group within the American Legion. The 40&8 stands for 40 men and 8 horses and the boxcar stems from WWI in France. If you belond to the American Legion, you have to be invited to join the 40&8 and have been very active in the Legion for some time, more of an honorary club. Some of the Voitures (clubs) have replicas of steam engines and a boxcar trailer pulled behind for parades.

augiedoggy

The vehicle is called a Box Car. The organization is the 40&8 which is a select group within the American Legion. The 40&8 stands for 40 men and 8 horses and the boxcar stems from WWI in France. If you belond to the American Legion, you have to be invited to join the 40&8 and have been very active in the Legion for some time, more of an honorary club. Some of the Voitures (clubs) have replicas of steam engines and a boxcar trailer pulled behind for parades.
Thank-you for the info!! So, it IS an MV! very cool!! :beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
CRAP! I didn't realize that was you. Next time I will make sure I stop over and see who I might know. I loved the cannon.