• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

City is Messing with my deuces.....

Chanhyx

I recieved notice from the city 30/apr/09 that I cannot keep my deuces on my property, this is due to me not having them registered, I have an ad for sale in the classifieds so somebody give these things a good home, I don't have the capability to move them right now, and I don't want to deal with the city zoning police can anybody take these things off my hands cheap?? I'll entertain pretty much any serious offer
Thanks
Monty

mbwarner

Sounds like you need a new city. In my neck of the woods, you need a current registration to park on the street, but not on your property. Also, in most places permanent collector vehicle plates are not terribly expensive.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let's clarify something..............

I assume you have them "registered", i.e., the state knows you own them.

You probably don't have them tagged, correct?

I run into this issue.............. I assume all states are the same, but in Ga., in order to get a tag, you have to have, at a minimum, liability insurance.

I have vehicles that aren't being used currently so I am not going to pay insurance on them. But without insurance, I can't keep a current tag on them.

So if their beef is with them not having current tags, you are out of luck.

But if they want them "registered", then can't you go down to your tag office and get them put in your name and apply for the title and be done?

drewmech

I'd love to take em off your hands but I don't think my parents would be to happy about them sitting in their yard. Besides Suffolk VA. is just as bad as Chesapeake.

Gastrap

Sucks you have to get rid of them, are you just waiting for the titles? I was worried about that waiting for mine so I just put a copy of my invoice on the windshield so a nosey LEO might see that I did own it.

My city has an ordinance that all vehicles stored in view must be plated, insured, and appear complete & in good repair, IE no missing fenders, flat tires or broken windows. I think they will make exceptions if the vehicle is covered neatly.

dc3coyote

{Put a tarp over them, now their out of sight. , dont even put on a nice one just something to make them come on your property, and lift the side to see whats under them. Bu after you tarp it, put a nice big no tresspassing sign up, infront of it.

grounded

Banned
before you SS hoards all go hog wild ;). he has one deuce left and the M105 trailer ;)..

the other 2 deuces i just bought ;) DAMN IT NEVER STOPS!!!!!
NAH actually these are for a friend of mine but yes we did purchase 2 of them and are getting ready for another Virgina road trip..

HEY LANE!! guess that means if you want that tank from AMG see if you can get it close to Maddawg or someone ;) trains a rolling east..
PLUS if anything else needs to go EAST or WEST, OR south sooner or later for that matter on the east coast let me know (i will start another thread out later this week)

But yes it sucks that the city is pulling this crap on you monty

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rat4spd had the same problem years ago with his El Camino aka Screamo. Took it all the way to the city council, mayor, etc. I think in the end he rented a storage unit.

Where I'm at if you DON'T have a couple campers, trailers, tractors deuces, etc (and several dogs) they will probably hassle you.

deuceman51

I have also been fighting my city on my MV hobby. I have nice running trucks that are licensed, but they don't want my kind around I guess. I'm some pretty bad riff raff, National Guard soldier who donates his time to the Veterans groups and hauls them in parades. God forbid there are more of us out there, lol!!!!!

steelandcanvas

I guess I'm some pretty bad riff raff, National Guard soldier who donates his time to the Veterans groups and hauls them in parades. God forbid there are more of us out there, lol!!!!!
Some people just don't know bad riff raff when they see it. My hat's off to you though for letting the Veterans ride in the back of your truck on parade days.:-D

FreightTrain

Banned
well.....Contact the local paper.The media loves to stir trouble.Also ask them about the car lot in town....are they all tagged and registered?New or used......Sure they are licensed as a dealer but does the ord say all VEHICLES?