• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy wagon to military slant back

Warren Lovell

Has anyone converted a civilian H1 wagon to a military slant back? If so, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is redundant as the search on my smart phone doesnt work.

jwaller

I'd never do it. You realize you'd need to remove the entire fabric interior on your H1. the mil stuff leaks everywhere and is way louder.

If your converting the whole truck to a 998 then go for it but I wouldn't unless you were doing that.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd never do it. You realize you'd need to remove the entire fabric interior on your H1. the mil stuff leaks everywhere and is way louder.

If your converting the whole truck to a 998 then go for it but I wouldn't unless you were doing that.
:ditto:

jwaller

stock hmmwv gauges are 24V which means you need a completely new wiring harness and electrical system.

You might as well start a frame off resto on this thing if you plan on converting your H1 to a 998? Is that your plan?

jwaller

All true, but it does look badass.
ya it does, thats why I just converted my 4man pu to a slantback.

Just the slantback pieces, if you can find them cost me about 3k and I'm not done with it yet. I already had the roof, A, B, and C pillar parts installed.

Warren Lovell

I'll probably mod the nos gauge assembly then totake 12 volt gauges. Im gonna gut this beast. Dont care about leaks...it already does that. Anyone have a source for a slant back? Gonna mod my own a/c ducts change civy doors out, etc etc...

BLK HMMWV

JWaller is spot on his points.
The only one I know that did one that looks pretty nice on this board or the G.503 board is Austin. Beltfed34 is his name on the boards.

If it were me I'd sell the one you have and find a rolling chassis. It will hold it's value better , and sell better than a modified civi rig should you have to sell it.
just my 2cents worth.
BH

Warren Lovell

i am specifically looking for info on anyone who has done the conversion. This is purely an exterior / interior mod. The running gear is staying stock. I could care less how this transformation affects the value of the H1...my three 8 year olds need a ring mount in their hummer :)

Aside from the slant back top and doors, I would have to mod my barn doors to take a tailgate. Any input appreciated. And my apologies, but im storing the removed parts for future use

VQ-1

all it is R&R but the tricky bit is the wiring...
i completely ripped out the civilian wiring and install the mil spec wiring. it really is amazing how much wiring is in the civilian version of the HMMWV.
if you want to keep the civilian wiring and dash the person to talk to is beltfed (Austin). he kept everything civilian except the exterior and parts of the interior...
good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks