• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Class IV Hitch...Done.

chestypuller1371

anyone have dimensions of the CURT 14082 Class IV Receiver outside to outside?

i thought this was for a 97 k1500 as amazon stated so i pulled the reciever off my 97 k1500 and the dang thing was to wide!! it wasent the curt one though but i cant imagine them being much different off same vehicle.

the widest i could fit would be 34" as that is the distance from the outside of my from to the other outside of the frame.

well i founds specs on the curt! looks like that will fit perfect like you guys been experiancing, i dont know why the one on my 97 k1500 has such different specs for same truck.

Attachments

rustystud

I think the 15530 has been discontinued. The 15800 is a 2 1/2" receiver good for 20,000#. The 15400 is a standard 2" good for 17,000#. I just put the 15400 on mine. Using a 6" drop hitch put it at the right height for me. Amazon has both of them. My hitch install.
I went with the Curt 15800. It's a good hitch. I have the 2.5" to 2" adapter for when I need to tow my civy trailer.

drivebymashing

I installed mine to tow my log splitter behind my deuce. Thats the only truck i have right now. Then i realized I cant even see the log splitter behind the deuce even when its totally jackknifed.

Spyderman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks