• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classifieds suggestion - REQUIRE vehicle titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

moleary

If you are selling non-running hulk how is that in any way the same animal as a vehicle that will be titled/registered/plated in any of the MAJORITY of states that require it? If its a parts truck, there IS a classified section called (surprisingly enough) PARTS.

I asked about a deuce and told him that I would only buy it if there was a title in hand. He referred me to a $400+ title service, plus I would have to pay additional title fees in PA.

I still have not heard any really good reasons why it should not be required.

If you are flipping trucks how can having a title be a bad thing? You are already making up a $1300 truck to over $2500. Now when asked to have the proper paperwork that the majority of DMVs are going to ask for you refuse... and how many flippers are telling guys 'oh by the way, you will have to pay for inspections, fees, VIN rubbings blah blah blah?

I am not saying that a seller should be versed in every states DMV rules... JUST THE ONE THEY HAVE THE TRUCK FOR SALE IN. Because once they sell the truck, sign the title then BOTH people are covered and are bound to have a good outcome. If SF97s were so easy to get titles out of them why is there a forum to specifically cover the pitfalls of SF97s?

Is asking a seller to be a good business man and helpful fellow MV owner such a bad thing?
I'm sure that the guy selling the $2500 truck would be more than happy to tack another $600 onto the price to get you your title - just ask him / her ($400 to the service, $80 as a return on the cash they put out, $120 for the half a day it takes of their time). If that's a big deal for you (as the buyer) then you're free to pursue resolution. Just because it's important to you isn't a good reason to impose your priorities on everyone else. I think we've all seen plenty of that going on lately.

SS and the classifieds (both free) are not responsible for making sure that you don't make a bone-headed purchase. When it comes to this topic I'm all for consumer Darwinism.

emr

Well i am sure glad that almost all see this as silly at best...randy...;)...But i did read all the posts...I have traded and sold and purchased vehicles with and without titles for years, this is just soooo silly it is laughable to make it a rule, Ok lets make everything a rule, Oh wait that is what our President is doing, Sorry i am for LESS rules, period...

delta01

most people a bill of sales is fine,my state of Vermont does not issue titles for any vehicles that are older than 15 years.

when I find an old rig car or truck I'm happy to get my hands on it,may you should try a tital company or get her to a state that issues titles and you deal with it.:driver:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we do make it a RULE, then we should also have one of the mods verify and hold onto the title. This needs to be as complicated as possible.

:driver:

GoHot229

For sale..... 1955 Chevrolet 2 door Blown 396, Bell Straight axle, halibrand wheels, candy emerald green w/ gold flake Stewart warner guages, M&H slicks, clarion stereo, 600 watt system, full disc wildwood brakes, doug nash 5 speed, tubbed, shaved, perfect chrome, hydralic doors, hood and trunk. Mohair. 8.33 @ 194 840 hp runs on pump gas $900.00 no title as is where is, no shipping ...................................................................................................not

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks