• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Closure On HEMTT Rim Adapter Plate Project

rat4spd

If you really stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, you should be able to figure out how to get the rim/plate combo to my door for less than $200, otherwise you probably only stayed at a Motel 6.

rideni

Okay this is a little crazy, do you know how much it costs to get parts designed, prototyped and machined. It costs lots of money, and if you are going to sell the finished product you need to captialize that cost into it. Also you can't just cut these on a plasma table, and you have to use steel plate of the right thickness and tensile strength. I've been working on short-heavy tow-bar end feet to use on a deuce since may, I've gone through many experiements, tons of math, protoypes , destruction, etc.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you really stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, you should be able to figure out how to get the rim/plate combo to my door for less than $200, otherwise you probably only stayed at a Motel 6.

I think 100dollarman has that one in the bag. I am working on plan B. More to follow on this topic and I promise to provide our "experts in manufacturing" some fodder...

rat4spd

I think 100dollarman has that one in the bag. I am working on plan B. More to follow on this topic and I promise to provide our "experts in manufacturing" some fodder...
That was a joke, ATD, really, I swear....I'm not in the market, but I'd love to see any in process pics you have, if you would. I like to see that kind of stuff. :wink:
In the end though, you have your plates, and that's what matters.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanna put HEMTT centers in deuce rims for my bobbed ten ton.............................

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can run these without modification on your 10 ton.These are great wheels provided by our Gov.
Dudly,

Re READ what I posted brother. HEMTT centers on DEUCE rims for a BOBBED 10 ton.

Let that all soak in. It was supposed to be sort of funny. I think it still is......................................

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just got that one. I am brain dead at this stage. I like it. And thanks for some humor. However if you want an adapter plate made for running your VW rims on your 900 series. I am your guy. I can whip up a plate , I promise to only profit $9.99 so I get rich without anyone getting upset., I may need an additional accountant before this is over. We all gotta laugh at this crap. I do..

rideni

i forget what country I'm in I didn't know that you can only make $10 profit anymore in America. I'm sorry but you can make as much profit as you want on something as long as the market can support it. I've known about these adapters for a a long time, even did some research to make them for Atankersdad on my CNC Plasma Table. It ended up not being feasable to make direct bolt on piece on the plasma table with out first machining them to spec on a milling machine. I have one, but it is only semi automated and I just don't have the time or patience to do line production on these. I also don't have the money personally to do all the work that dudley did to prototype and make these. Further more he is helping out a retired man and his handicapped son in making these. By giving this man his work, and maybe maybe making a little more then cost for these, he is giving that kid something to do and something to live for. I wasn't gonna say anything but Dudley said to go ahead and tell you. You don't want to pay the price fine, then don't buy them. You want to make some, hope you make them to proper spec or else you will suffer the consequences hopefully failure only hurts your wallet, and doesn't kill some family on the highway.
Freaking arm chair machinists.
Talk so big, but you start a project like this so you can see how hard it is

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
wouldn't it be easier to just find some A3 rims and put the big tire on them. wait, that is what i did!!!!

I love the A3 rims. A MD SS member has them on his bobber and they are perfect. But they go for @ $2400 for 6. HEMTT rims went for about $31 each, before shipping. These are great looking wheels and for 1/3-1/2 the TOTAL cost, after you modify, you have a great looking and performing wheel. I am waiting for the day that GL puts up 20 lots of A3 wheels. Now that will be an auction.

frodobaggins

I love the A3 rims. A MD SS member has them on his bobber and they are perfect. But they go for @ $2400 for 6. HEMTT rims went for about $31 each, before shipping. These are great looking wheels and for 1/3-1/2 the TOTAL cost, after you modify, you have a great looking and performing wheel. I am waiting for the day that GL puts up 20 lots of A3 wheels. Now that will be an auction.
I bet they'll have to put up a lot more than 20 lots of 12 for those to go cheap :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks