• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CLUNK CLUNK! Somethings coming loose...

ralbelt

The crossmember is in the proper place, the longer bolts allow some streach to the bolts to absorb torque. The proper sequench in the TM is , from the top, bolt, spacer, frame, crossmember, lock washer, nut.

Cucvnut

it wont lower the t case all it does is push the back down the the front up making the front drive shaft angel worse. i dont know why people say to do that.

QuickSilver

Ok, thanks guys. I've been going out to the shop in between postings here. I'm pretty sure I've found the spot where the transfer case is hitting the floor. It's left a little bit of tell tale rub evidence. I'm just not sure what to do about it. Maybe it's time for some new mounts. The odd thing is, when I sit in the truck and switch from forward to reverse, the noise sounds further forward that the transfer case, but who knows for sure.

WARWAG

Well we know there is a problem. If the Tcase is hitting the floor pan then something is catty wampass. Did all this start after you worked on your Transmission? If so then something is not put back together correctly. Im not sure if you can clock an NP208. If so then maybe you have it clocked or position wrong so it now hits the floor pan. Can you take a level REAR VIEW picture of your T case? If you can then maybe another M1009 owner can do the same and we can see how its positioned compared to yours. Lets start there. Again just a suggestion.

Last edited:

QuickSilver

Yep, never had the problem before the transmission swap, but I didn't have it directly afterward either. :cookoo: I'll try to take some more pictures of everything tomorrow.

QuickSilver

I finally found it! Been driving me nuts all this time, and it turns out all it was was a bent metal tab that used to connect the tranny dip stick tube to the bell housing. It was smacking the transmission tunnel every now and again. Couldn't really see it. Found it by feel.

QuickSilver

Ya, it's crazy. I half expected the noise to still be there after I fixed that little tab. It' didn't seem like such a tiny thing could be so obnoxious.