• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Alingment Tool

electraman

Ok… So I have to take out my pressure plate. Is the special clutch alignment tool needed, or can I go to any auto parts house and get one?

Thanks in advance!

Marlboro

Yes you will need one, Not sure if a truck repair shop would have one that works. I think eastern surplus listed it on there web site. I believe its a rare tool, friend of mine cut off an input shaft and used that.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Westy is right, it's a 10 spline. The part that makes it odd though is the end for the carrier bearing is only 3/4 diameter. Most 10 spline 1 1/2" diameter transmission shafts are 1" I believe. I got an old input shaft from a truck junk yard and had my local machine shop turn the end down for me.

Jakob

I used a couple of sockets. I forget the sizes however. The larger socket was a 1/2" drive impact socket and the other was a 3/8" drive regular socket, both deep well. I used a little tape to make the fit snug. Transmission went right in and it didn't cost me a dime.
The regular socket fits the input and the impact socket fits the clutch disk hole. Use tape on the regular socket until it's a tight fit in the impact socket and TA-DA... home made clutch alignment tool.

jasonjc

I used a couple of sockets. I forget the sizes however. The larger socket was a 1/2" drive impact socket and the other was a 3/8" drive regular socket, both deep well. I used a little tape to make the fit snug. Transmission went right in and it didn't cost me a dime.
The regular socket fits the input and the impact socket fits the clutch disk hole. Use tape on the regular socket until it's a tight fit in the impact socket and TA-DA... home made clutch alignment tool.

That about how I did 2 or 3 of mine. A socket and extention:grd:

But hey if some one fines one of the plastic ones that works right please post up the part number here.

Last edited:

Jakob

[SIZE=-1]Clutch Alignment Tool - 1-3\8 10 spline, .67 pilot. For Models: TO20, TE20, TEA20, TO30, TO35. [SIZE=-2](Part No: 1112-5996)

Would this one work?
[/SIZE][/SIZE]