• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cobra crane

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just so you are not alone, I have had to replace just about every hose on my wrecker. Once one goes, you know the rest aren't far behind. Its about $100 hose since I have the Austin-Western bed. Every time I have to get one fixed, I get an adapter made so in the future I can use standard fittings and get cheaper hoses. Once you get it running, you will be glad you spent the money.

3dAngus

NAPA used to make custom hydraulic hoses in the back where they have all the tooling. I had them make me some for my front end loader and they were very reasonable.

I'm out of touch with prices today.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I've got a few places to build hoses nearby. It's just all these dang cyls I keep having issues with.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nobody makes the thread/pitch of the A/W cranes, so I have to have the ends cut off and brazed to a current thread thread end. Kind of a converter, if you will.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dropped off the cyl at a different shop at lunch today. I asked what to expect when it comes to costs. If it's just seals, about $95-100. But I'm afraid this cyl has the stupid step down in tube size like the big ones did. If it turns out to be below $200 on this one cyl. I'm starting to think I might have been taken advantage of by the other place. I'll know middle of next week. (A lot better than the month the other place took to fix my other cyls!)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The shop called, my cyl is ready! :jumpin:

I'll pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Only $78 to reseal it, I feel as though I got taken for a ride at the last shop. :roll:

Also have a set of tires on the way for it. Just need to replace one hose, pick up two more snap rings. And she's back in service once more! I'm thinking about installing a spare trailer light/cable setup I have here on it as well. I want to also setup a slave port for it to power it from the trucks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:beer:

Overlook the scrap iron pile. It was for "test subjects". :p

It's all collapsed back down and on it's tires. Maybe this weekend I'll wire up my trailer lights. Trying to figure out something heavy to lift to test it out fully. I'm thinking about using a tow truck chain adapter to use two chains to lift my car hauler trailer by four points.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Looks like Transformers. Maybe you could make a movie on it and get your money back.

Congrats on the new deal. I thought the prices were high too at the first place you went to.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hind site is 20/20. I shoulda went with this other place to start with. Probably made a $300+ mistake using the other place. UGH.

3dAngus

I think those 37s may be the same size as a popular trailer. If so, you should mention it as well. EVERYBODY should have a spare tire for a trailer. It might need one for a M101A2. I can't remember, but I think that was the trailer that was a match. OR.... was it an A3?

Maybe you didn't mean the M37???

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I think the A3's are the 8 lug patterns that can use the hummer wheels. I know some of the older 101's have a five lug pattern like the old M37's.

I'm thinking something must be amiss with the DC pump. It spins but I'm not getting any pressure from it. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks