• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coca-Cola 600 2014 **Business**

bchauvette

After I get my computer fixed I'm going to create a public read/write sky drive folder. It is just like a folder on your computer but it lives in cyberspace. You can up load your pics to share with everybody and you can download whatever you want from the folder also. I have 112 pics. I had several unique vantage points to take pictures. You where driving I was picturing.

Last edited:

andy3

Butch,

WOW!!! I wanted to thank you again for your efforts in bringing this together. Please forward my portion to the Wounded Warrior Project. You are the man!

Wow that is awesome they did that. What ever happened with your truck? Last I saw you, you were in turn 4 with a coolant overflow problem. Did they tow you off the track, or what happened? Just wondering since I never saw you or your truck again how you got out of there.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Butch, if you would, please forward my portion to the chaplan of Steel Soldiers. Because of this group, I have made many friends, and have done things that I am sure I would have never done in this life.

I would like to do it again next year, minus the fuel issues.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Butch, many many many thanks for such a well organized event

Many thanks also to JWALLER for trusting me with his truck, although there was little chance for finding a tree at least.....

For some reason I can't upload pics here, I will try to Butch's I cloud thingy.

As I had no real skin in the game, please defer to JWALLER for what he wants done with his truck's portion.

I can't wait (hoping Steel Soldiers are invited again) for next year!

bchauvette

Following is an email I sent to Jennifer the track contact.

Jennifer,

On behalf of the entire vintage military vehicle team I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks for the life memories. This was truly an experience we tell our grand children about. You would not believe the comradely and “Looking Out for each other” with in the team. We had a member fly in and his wife drove their five ton. They linked up at the credential office. The blue truck transport trailer had a flat. He didn’t have a spare. His dad chased him down with the spare from their home. They arrive at the staging site on Sunday at 9:30.

The check for $1,625.00 was a surprise! Some members was so moved by the experience they ask to pay it forward and send their portion to the charity of their choice.

Here is the link to the picture archive : http://1drv.ms/1puCkzo

ALL and then some are wishing we can do this again. We hope you will consider us next time. Working through an intermediary was very difficult. I’m hoping we can interface directly.

Maurice "Butch" Chauvette

tstates

Butch , Ken and the whole gang. What a friggen blast this event was. We had a wonderful time. I will do it all again for sure. I enjoyed meeting every one. And thanks for the help with Wyatt's burned fingers. Once he got into the event, I never heard any more about it, LOL. We look forward to next year.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carrie-Ann and I had a great time! This was her first exposure to any type of racing and she couldn't believe the loyalty and fan base that it attracts. It was wonderful to be a part of such a great cause. I just wish that she would let me drive my own truck a little more often! She will have to bring hers next year! Thanks Butch for all of your hard work and stamina! Spread it around next time.

bchauvette

Carrie-Ann and I had a great time! This was her first exposure to any type of racing and she couldn't believe the loyalty and fan base that it attracts. It was wonderful to be a part of such a great cause. I just wish that she would let me drive my own truck a little more often! She will have to bring hers next year! Thanks Butch for all of your hard work and stamina! Spread it around next time.
IMG_0740.jpg

mrscochran

I had a great time at the Coca-Cola 600! I was really glad meet the other members from here- especially the other wives! I truly enjoyed spending the day among new friends and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next event! --Maybe my Andy will be driving his truck next time and I'll bring mine, too! ;-)Also, I have some pictures I would like to post but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks!

bchauvette

Following is a letter to Chris Newsome our Hendricks Motorsport contact;

Chris,

Thank you and Mr. Hendricks for allowing us to to use your facility. The courtesy extended by you and your on site personal was phenomenal! I had envisioned four or five vehicles over-nighting but as it turned-out there where only two vehicles. The balance of the 15 vehicles arrived Sunday Morning. But having the staging area the morning of the race was essential. To bad we couldn’t link up Sunday.

Unfortunately my truck developed a slight drip from the coolant overflow tube just before the parade and I had to leave the track. I slept in the construction trailer Sunday night. Guess I’m getting too old for this camping stuff. We are all hoping the track invites us next year.

Here is the link to the picture folder on my sky drive: http://1drv.ms/1puCkzo

Maurice "Butch" Chauvette

dkmatthews

Butch, it must have been thrilling to get this boondoggle organized and have all the vehicles circling the track! Congratulations on your hard work and perseverance.

In case you haven't yet sent the letter, it's "Rick Hendrick" without an "S" on the end.

Kind regards...

bchauvette

Butch, it must have been thrilling to get this boondoggle organized and have all the vehicles circling the track! Congratulations on your hard work and perseverance.

In case you haven't yet sent the letter, it's "Rick Hendrick" without an "S" on the end.

Kind regards...
It was a sheer joy to do this. Far exceeded my expectations. The comaradery and Looking out for each other was awesome. I just facilitated, it was the team that made it what it was.

I have this metal thing on not getting the Hendrick name right.

Here is Chris Newsome's response;

Butch,

Hello, I’m glad everything turned out okay hate you had issues with your vehicle. Thank you for the pics this is helpful and I hate we were not able to hook up. I was shocked they had you coming in to track so early.

You take care and wish you well.

Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks