• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather starting

Varyag

I went out and got a new ether bottle yesterday. It starts right up using it. Kind of bugs me the way it sounds on it. I may just be a little jittery about damaging my deuce, but the ether injection sounds a bit too combustible when first starting.

dittle

10 degrees here yesterday and I decided to take my Deuce out for a maintenance drive (got the OK to do this from the PT). My Deuce is parked outside facing into the wind. With no block heaters or either used I cranked it for about 6 seconds and it started to come alive. It ran kind of funny for about another 4 - 5 seconds and then it woke up completely. Took it out for about a 40 mile drive. Maintained 170 degrees with no grill cover, good thing I had on some layers as the cab heater did not keep up, nor did I expect it to.

dittle

I went out and got a new ether bottle yesterday. It starts right up using it. Kind of bugs me the way it sounds on it. I may just be a little jittery about damaging my deuce, but the ether injection sounds a bit too combustible when first starting.

You are cranking before activating the either correct? I used my either 2 weeks ago and nothing sound really out of place. None of that diesel pinging or whatever you want to call it when you use either on a diesel. Maybe its just the difference in my engine versus yours as you know no 2 engines run the same.

dabtl

I went out and got a new ether bottle yesterday.
Where are either bottles available? My second deuce is equipped with either injectors but I do not have a bottle.

I don's know why I want one, however. It never fails to start in any cold weather I would drive it in. I usually start it every week or so in winter, during the afternoon when it is warmer to charge the batteries and stuff. But, I go back inside where it is warm and come out only to shut it down.

Varyag

Napa, uses a standard one. 44 bucks.

Ohh, I followed the TM for the ether start. Hold for 3 seconds to charge, wait for 6 seconds for it to properly send it out and hit it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks