• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus, Georgia Veterans Parade

zout

I asked permission of the First Imperial CAMO Navel Ship if I could run the small HD video cam at the parade from start to finish (even us loading the MERMAIDS onto the DUKW) part. So if all turns out right and YOU TUbe lets me load a humungious ginagatic normus tape - I will get er done - otherwise if I can reach the camera I will do lots of little ones.

Is anyone here smart enougth to tell me how large a video I can put on youtube ?? cause I dunno - I am only the mermaid "snatcher" (no pun intended) (yeah right).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Last year Colonel(RET) Nelson and his wife had a feller make a video of the entire parade and was selling them for 10 bucks.
I'm gonna ask em if they are doing the same this year...it was a REALLY nice video and caught stuff we didn't even see cause we were toward the end where I asked to be in case anything broke down...LOL:shock:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Battle Roster

OK...here's the Battle Roster I have developed given the "confirmed" attendance posts.

If anyone cannot make it, or if you are not comfortable driving the vehicle you are assigned, let me know ASAP and I'll see what can be moved around.
Anyone else that want's to attend is welcome, we need gunners and riders!

Uniform is individual preference...but in good taste. I reserve the right to bounce anyone I feel is inappropriately dressed. (Read that to mean disrespectful)

Again...you MUST be here no later than 07:30hrs Saturday, 10 November.

Address again is: 318 10th Avenue Columbus, Georgia 31901 phone # is 706-687-1954

Line up:

1954 M38A1 MP Jeep....John and Emily
1944 "MB" C&C Jeep.....Harry
1953 M38A1 AF Forward Air Control Jeep...Joel
1966 M151A2 Navy Utility Jeep...Adam (Ferro)
1954 M38A1 Recon/security Jeep....Tony (twright)
1970 M151A2 Ranger Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV)... Robert
1951 M37 Weapons Carrier w/"Rosie the Riveters".... Mahala
1951 M211 Cargo Truck...w/VFW Post 665...Russ (Atomic)
1974 M813 "UglyRanger" Guntruck....Joe (Sandcobra)
1966 M54A1 "Proud American" Guntruck...Tony
1964 M114 Recon vehicle...towed by F350...John (EMD)
1968 M718 Field Litter Ambulance..."DOC"
1963 M43B1 Field Evacuation Ambulance...Zout
1969 XM109CT Utility Crane Truck.....Ron (73M819)
1969 M35A2 Troop Carrier w/ Blind American Veterans...Troy
1974 M816 5ton Med Wrecker....mdmorgan (Daniel)
1968 M51A2 5ton Dump Truck....Walkerhunter

Please confirm that you are available...or not ASAP.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it-- F 350 towing trailer with tracked vehicle on trailer. Plans have been made, and I will be at the CAMO compound at 0730.:mrgreen::cookoo:

zout

PB - have to just say that this weekend is really going to top off this week with what we need to do as citizens for what the Veterans and those that are servving have done and are doing - by VOTING.

Its not a political statement either way ya all so don;t get pissy about what I said. NO MATTER who you vote for - its a honor to do what is right only we Americans take freely.

GO VOTE
then
Come down the Columbus Veterans Day parade this Saturday if you can possibly make it at all - it will take your breath away seeing all the folks and kids there.

If your in a parade elsewhere - SALUTE to you all.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Jeep Driver

OK Y'all, due to a slight change in plans we have a open M38A1 that needs a driver and possibly a .50cal gunner.

Any volunteers? Don't make me "Draft" somebody!:D:D

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Me and my father-in-law will be heading down. I'm sure you can draft us into whatever you need.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will drive the M38A1 . I will see if my grandson would like to be the gunner or Logan the kid that came to the rally and helped out in the MKT.AEC Wright Retired ( Tony )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks