• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commercial availablity of HMMWV Tires?

3dAngus

You paid $100 for the priviledge. It's NOT an issue. Just that some people don't get it.

I wouldn't recommend ANYONE pay $100 if they don't have a special priviledge or two.

There is nothing wrong with the link in a post. You're being overly sensitive.

In the early 80's I had an International pickup that had custom 16" wheels.
Nobody made wide 16" tires only 16.5" so I was always calling around for old new stock. Had Lincoln locks so I went through tires fast.

Oh how things change.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ive got some 16.5" x 14" wide wheels I cant find any tires for :( they fit on an M211 axle.

nattieleather

Well the purpose of my post was not to start a BS session on who can post what is this an add etc (which BTW is getting old and is turning me off to SS, but that's another discussion for another time.) The purpose of my post was to say hey I've looked around and this seems to be what I'm finding.

Eventually the amount of good used tires will dwindle in time or some people don't like to use used tires what are new options since it seems that 16.5 is becoming kind of rare. Thank you to those who posted with some links to new manufacutres. That was helpful. I hope it helps others who might want new rubber instead of used.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

Goodyear will still in fact sell the 16.5 MT tire to the public--- however, you have to justify the sale to them.... When the H1 blew a rear tire, we called the local goodyear dealer to order one.... They said we had to first provide proof of ownership of a vehicle that specified that particular tire as OEM due to all production being diverted for government use. The dealer faxed goodyear a copy of the title and we got the go ahead to buy them-- of course, through Goodyear the price per tire was over $600 ....... It was only then that we decided to look at surplus channels for new rubber and found a full set of NOS MT's that had date codes of less than a year old for less than one tire at the dealer's price..........

Ziggy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks