• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Connecting MEP to house

AN/ARC186

I used an ESL Power Systems 400A Stormswitch, average price is $8500.00. I got mine through an auction 2 years ago for a whopping $250.00

if you need to keep it inexpensive, the interlock is the best way to go.

quickfarms

My choice was a new a Square D 40-Circuit 20-Space 200-Amp All-in-One/Combination Main Breaker Load Center Value Pack (http://www.lowes.com/pd_286869-296-...tId=3366856&Ntt=square+d&Ns=p_product_price|1), $200 @ Lowes, less than that with the 10% military discount. It comes with the $70 interlock already installed. The only thing I changed was replacing the 30A generator breaker with a 90A. Color coded the breakers that I don't need during an outage so the wife knows, 3 hours total to install. Cheaper than a manual transfer switch, and it works like a champ.

PS I do have a 200A Generac NEMA3 Auto switch I could get rid of, due to the county wanting me to install a 40KW generator to use it...
Where did you find a 90 amp breaker?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks