• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Control Box

Vintage iron

This situation is a perfect example of "that systems should be looked at as a whole" I think my weak batteries over worked my weak alternator, which burnt out which may have fried more electronics. I am starting from scratch to make sure this doesn't happen again. First I will put in 4 tested and fully charged batteries with cleaned contacts, New Alternator with clean contacts, clean the contacts on the starter, replace and ground PCB and see what happens.

Barron

My control box quit on my 923A1, I posted a thread, some nice fellows said to knock the cover of with a hammer, which I did, and the solenoids are just run of the mill 24v continuous duty, so I went to NAPA, got 2, knocked the lead rivets off the old solenoids and re-assembled it in 15 minutes. Put it back on the truck and away I went. Pretty simple if the diodes aren't all fried. Also if you park one of these long term, or don't want one to self-combust, unhook the control box from the harness, and hook it back up when you're ready to use it. Takes 2 minutes.

CGarbee

My control box quit on my 923A1, I posted a thread, some nice fellows said to knock the cover of with a hammer, which I did, and the solenoids are just run of the mill 24v continuous duty, so I went to NAPA, got 2, knocked the lead rivets off the old solenoids and re-assembled it in 15 minutes. QUOTE]

Got part numbers??
My local NAPA isn't bad, but they don't like to look up anything if they don't have to... My local Carquests are better, but they also like part numbers when I have "weird" applications...

Thanks!