• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convert the M1165 to a Slant Back

Gamble

Is it feasible to simply add a slant back roof and pontoons from a M1045A2 or an M1046 and add it to an M1165? Are there any differences in pillars or windshield etc. Will it all align? Is this even worth attempting. Should I simply try to acquire a stock slant back?

Reactions: cwc

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. My concern was that the 1100 series is, I believe, 1 foot longer than the 1045. I didnt know if the slant back would reach the end of the truck or if it would be a few inches short on the back truck gate.
no, the m1114 is a different roof, m1151 is aluminum. All the bodys are the same body...nothing is longer or shorter

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On top of the roof, you will need everything to support the roof, and you will need to install a turret or close out plug.
i have the correct turret with hand cranks and heavy bearing for the m11XX series trucks.

Gamble

On top of the roof, you will need everything to support the roof, and you will need to install a turret or close out plug.
i have the correct turret with hand cranks and heavy bearing for the m11XX series trucks.
I assume you mean the pillars to support the roof. I believe that would be the C Pillar (Third cross bar - Last one on the back. Closest to the trunk). Hopefully, I could find a roof without a turret hole cut in it. As for the hardware for the slant back, do you know a price point for that?