• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converted my gauge cluster

csramsey640

Note #1 do not attempt this unless you have tons of patience and tons of time.

I removed the instrument clusterfrom my 86 m1008, and installed one from a civi GM that has gauges for oil pressure, water temp, and alt. In place of the clock, I added a second alt gauge.

They all work fine, however its far from a plug and play. A few of the wires crossed color to color, a few others changed color between factory harness and pigtail, and I believe the 4x4 light wire, had to be re-wired altogether to another terminal. Also changed the sending units for water and oil.

I always hated dummy lights. Id rather see, or atleast be fooled to believe that I have oil pressure.

csramsey640

:oops: Ill get some pics posted asap. Well my wife will, because I have no idea how to get them from camera to computer. :lol: Ill even see if I can create a diagram.

CompoundCuckVee

I concur I'd love to see some pics! I've been thinking about this since I got my M1009, I figured it would be a chore, but I'm with you, I'd rather see a gauge then a bulb. You can at least get an idea of what's happening under the hood from behind the wheel.

truck0590

I also would love to do this. Diagram would be awesome. I have a gauge cluster with a tach that I've been holding on to in order to one day figure out how to hook it all up.

Truck

Mike_Pop

:ditto:

nopics

I would also like to see pictures and a diagram. I've got a few gaugues that I would like to swap out on my dash as well.