• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convincing wife that I need a Deuce

Preacherboy

:beer: Done this with a couple of guns! It also works for the little stuff that goes with the 10 wheel flowerpot in the yard such as parts or canvas or the military gear and tents and stuff. If you want a good trick, bring home a 5 ton first, anything small after that is EASY!!! Then it become a size that "She" might want to drive.

I have a buddy who tried to do this with a new golf club though, and she caught him! So sometimes they even notice the small stuff.

asgtoolman

I am facing the same justification for my wife. I thought I might try the price per pound arguement; about 30 to 60 cents per pound depending on the initial "deal"--a LOT cheaper than hamburger! And a lot cheaper than my M-38 and my M-274 but it will be a little harder to hide in the garage than both of them.

ryan77

With my wife its ok for her to buy a $400.00 dollar purse but i cant buy a $3000 duece, what a scam...............

planeswalker

I told my wife about my M109A3 after I placed my first bid in an online auction. She asked me where I was going to put it? So I sold my 1971 Mustang Grande so that I would have room in the driveway. Then she asked me what was I going to do with it? and I told her that I was going to turn it into a camper. She said that I had unfinished projects to do around the house first, so I'm getting those done. She said that there were other more practicle things that we needed to buy first, so I bought her a new washer and dryer, a new laptop and a tv. She finally conceded to go with me to preview a couple 243 miles away and she told the GL guy that she thought that I was crazy and she told me that she wasn't going camping in no #*&@! army truck........ Well, I'm sure going to miss her!aua

ryan77

Hey planeswalker are we married to the same woman???????????? Im selling my m1009 and my 84 buick grand national and im still getting heat. Dont they understand we need it for when the Russians invade........I think a duece will look great in the driveway even know i live in a golf course community......rofl;-)

Lawrence of Arabia

I bought 3 and sold 2. She calmed down after the 2 paid for mine, but she thought they were really cool when I showed her one at an air show while I was waiting for my EUC approval. Take her to a museum or find one she can sit in. My wife just finally rode in mine after having it for a year and thinks we should never get rid of it.

Today I went to a garage sale and bought an M884 and she didn't blink an eye, just said, "ok, but now I need money to go on vacation with my Girlfriends".

Srjeeper

Hold on a minute.....

You fellars are goin about this all bazz akwards.

Don't try and convince her YOU need one ya dam fool kid.

Point out to her how much SHE needs one and how dog-gone lucky she is that your around to get one for her.

You don't need it.....SHE NEEDS IT!!!

If ya play yer cards right, you could be up to yer snuff can in deuces by the end of the month.

:grd:

AaronW

Basicly I want a get a deuce. I have a car trailer I'm currently working on and I have a 63 Dodge D100 I want to restore and now I want a Deuce. I issue is convincing the wife. Any help from y'all on how you convinced your better half to make the leap would be great.
Any chance your wife has a competitive nature??? If she does, just do what I did. Introduce her to an online M/V auction site! Mine just hates to loose at anything. The best part is that I get the toys AND get to make her feel guilty about spending all the money.rofl8).

mikew

You're going about this the wrong way....

You don't need to talk your wife into letting YOU have Deuce, you need to convince her that SHE needs a Deuce!

Attached is a picture of my wife, with a bobbed Deuce, at Wal-Mart during a snow storm. We got 14" in that storm, and that's a whole lot for us, and we went anywhere we wanted to.

When you tell your wife she can get out of the house and go to the store, no matter how bad the weather gets, she'll whip out the checkbook!

Attachments

planeswalker

Dear ryan77, No we're not married to the same woman however it just goes to show ya that women are women the world over and they need to understand that after so many years together we are not really as predictable as they would like to think, and as for me I will do everything in my power to make her happy but when it comes to me I'm going to do what I say I'm going to do and the compromise is that she gets to come along for the ride if she wants. I was married before and I gave up my dream of owning rental property in order to buy my first wife a home and she still left me a year later. So no matter what.... Never, Ever give up what you want to make it work, because if you do you will resent her for it even if it's only a little bit.