• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy light

Jimma

I am looking for a convoy light set up for my truck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look for a reasonably priced setup or components?

AceHigh

I think I got a set from Saturn Surplus. Reasonably priced is not real likely.

ETA: Although when you think about it, they come with two very high quality Federal Signal rotating beams and all, it is worth it.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past I've seen some good deals on E-bay for take-offs. I was able to get an NOS coiled feed wire for the convoy beacon on my M35A2 from E-bay. Perfect replacement. I haven't looked recently. I was lucky, my A2 came with a beacon.

emr

actually they are worth 300 in todays market, unfortunately they were going for 75 bucks a set in a flood of them like 10 years ago, but thats over. its worth getting the real set with everything one needs, i think after having a few sets of em, its worth every cent of 300 to have all the parts nice and new , a member in the mta has some for 300. mtaofnj.org maybe in classifieds, not sure, his name is art swain. only hook up i know to him right now. fyi

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a NIB set coming as a Valentines present. My wife sure must love me. Or at least I hope she does when she finds out.

This was the one thing that I really didn't need and had to have.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start with Adelman's in Canton OH and then try Sam Winer's in Akron OH. My last set came from Adelman's but that was in the summer of 03.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a plain strobe that will mount on a piece of 3/4" pipe. Often the bases are threaded for this kind of mounting. Strobes work on 12 or 24, either one. The light cost about $75. The switch and wire, a little extra. The U-bolts were in the back of the cab.

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine from TNJ Murray in December. No problems. They arrived well packaged, intact, as advertised. $350. Surprised and sorry you are having problems. They answered my e-mails and phone calls....don't understand what has happened between then and now.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, $350 that seems HIGH for a set, try Kevin at STAR ELECTRIC
Might seem that way for "surlpus", but a complete NOS kit for $350 that almost anyone could install in a few hours is a good deal. Each of the Federal beacons new, is over $100.

dabtl

I got the TNJ Murray kit some two years ago. It was an easy install for the most part. I got inventive in placing the on/off switch over on the right side of the dash. It works very well. It did have a bulb failure almost immediately. I got a couple of bulbs from O'Reilly's Auto and put in the first of the two. The second is covered with dust on the shelf.

kc5mzd

I ordered a part from TNJ when it didn't come after 1 month I called them. They were having trouble speaking english. They found the order but couldnt figure out what I ordered. They wanted my credit card info so they could bill me again so they could send the part. I told them I would call back later...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks