• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Filter Question

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about to install a bypass coolant filter on my 923A2. I will be using a Wix 24071 filter with 4 units of DCA. Can I use this filter with standard " Green " antifreeze or should I swap over to the " Red " Fleetguard?

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with the Fleetguard ES Compleat and the #24071. That's the combo Cummins told me to use. Need to also use the test strips.

infidel got me

I went with the Fleetguard ES Compleat and the #24071. That's the combo Cummins told me to use. Need to also use the test strips.
I have been told that you can add supplemental charge additive ,sca available at napa. Then use test strips. You don't actually have to drain your coolant, just to change it over.

The green coolant works fine as long as the charge is good. Let me know ,as I said, this is what a truck repair shop told me.