• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant temp light now no crank

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually won't seize the motor, you'll blow the head gasket first. The sensor that controls the high coolant temperature fault is located on the water pump and has 2 wires hooked to it. When it overheats it completes the circuit, so you can take one wire off and see if it makes the fault go away. I started a thread a few months back and I posted the website of the sensor so people could buy them. The company makes them to order so it will take about 3 weeks to receive.
I will see if I can hunt that thread out. I do have an 802 here for parts (but as this part has voltage going to it... its viability is in question). I will disconnect a single lead though and see if the fault condition changes. Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up from jamawieb's earlier referenced post (for future searching density):

Index Sensors and Control Inc
Phone number is 1-800-726-1737
Part number is 8037122
Cost is $53.30 plus shipping.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took one of the leads off when I got home, and sure enough she fires (and the light goes out). It appears there was a coolant leak just above this (whether it was because the set got too hot, or there is just a small leak... I don't know). I will pick up the switch off my parts machine, and see if she takes.

Thanks again to all.

Guyfang

Staff member
For me, tape was easy. Kept 2-3 rolls in my tools. The dope leaked twice on me and made such a mess in my tool box that I only kept it in the shop, and haven't used any in years.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So in doing the swap over, I noticed the upper radiator hose was absolutely trashed, and was obviously spilling out drops at a time since the Tier 2 reset on it. Was able to just finish tearing it right off the machine... nice! The bulge was obviously a detonation waiting to happen.

New sensor swapped in from my donor, as well as new upper radiator hose, and we are in business. Ran it for 3 hour or so at 110%, and the set was just over 180*. Temp gauge sender cable wasn't even properly secured on the sensor above the high temp switch (as I watched the gauge flutter after the sensor swap).

Good times had by all! Already found a new home for this puppy though. Onward and upward.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What year was your reset done?

Bmxenbrett

Something i have found checking rad hoses is..if you pinch it hard and you feel/hear the cords inside breaking at all. Its time to change it. It can be a bit difficult with the metal spiral in these hoses.