• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corp 9.5 SF gear ratios?

kassim503

So I was doing a little grocery getting with the 1009 a few days ago and on the way back I was coasting down a hill. The wind noise and engine crackle was accompanied by a crack! then a WHAAM- GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE WHACK noise. Now fully awake I get back on the throttle and the noise went away. Fortunatley I stayed on the throttle while two foot braking it the way back, and safely parked the truck in front of the house. I thought I broke a transmission mount, but upon crawling under the truck I noticed the entire yoke & pinion on the rear axle was hanging out about an inch away from the housing. It also moves rather freely up and down side to side. At this point I was more surprised the thing made it home under its own power, than being angry 1009's have 10 bolts under there.

So now I stand at some crossroads, either ram a D60 front under the front after finding sombody to trade drw hubs with, and put a 14 bolt in the back and finally feel better about this whole axle situation, but I dont really have the time to change two axles out, and its still cold and snowy.

I would like to put a 9.5 SF 6- lug under it, but I dont think they were available in a 3.08 ratio right?

And yes, somehow the broken bearing axle still is able to transmit full power:doh:

kassim503

What a disappointment, ill prolly jam another 10b under there and run with it. The other one did serve me extraordinarily well, considering what it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks