• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corp 9.5 SF gear ratios?

kassim503

So I was doing a little grocery getting with the 1009 a few days ago and on the way back I was coasting down a hill. The wind noise and engine crackle was accompanied by a crack! then a WHAAM- GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE WHACK noise. Now fully awake I get back on the throttle and the noise went away. Fortunatley I stayed on the throttle while two foot braking it the way back, and safely parked the truck in front of the house. I thought I broke a transmission mount, but upon crawling under the truck I noticed the entire yoke & pinion on the rear axle was hanging out about an inch away from the housing. It also moves rather freely up and down side to side. At this point I was more surprised the thing made it home under its own power, than being angry 1009's have 10 bolts under there.

So now I stand at some crossroads, either ram a D60 front under the front after finding sombody to trade drw hubs with, and put a 14 bolt in the back and finally feel better about this whole axle situation, but I dont really have the time to change two axles out, and its still cold and snowy.

I would like to put a 9.5 SF 6- lug under it, but I dont think they were available in a 3.08 ratio right?

And yes, somehow the broken bearing axle still is able to transmit full power:doh:

kassim503

What a disappointment, ill prolly jam another 10b under there and run with it. The other one did serve me extraordinarily well, considering what it is.