• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crane Ideas?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yea, I got one of those in my bed. Being a former structural steel welder for decades, I can bet that without some cross members welded under the flimsy sheet steel bed, we'd pull that skin right up with a 1000lb load. Cross members can be welded in place and made from channel or even sheet steel broke to form a channel. The deuce crossmembers taper to the outside from about the main rail area, probably to allow for tire clearance when crossing ditches etc. So the farther out, the smaller the member will be. Having some 3/16 plate broke with the taper would keep the framework symmetrical, and maybe save on tire rub if there is a clearance issue when the suspension walks.
There is a 3/4" alumina plate underneath, all I had at the time but is T6, largest surface area I could get in there, pretty big , stainless thru bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks