• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew cab M35 taking a dump on air

ccequipment

Here is some pics of the lastest crew cab I have in the works, I cut down a stock bed 3' installed a dump hoist and 4 linked the rear with air bags, it works great and rides smooooooth. Its about about ready for paint prep, Hope to be driving it to Haspin, we will see

Attachments

Burgerboy13

Awsome work. What tires do you plan on going with? And just wondering if any one knew what a single Rockwell 2.5 ton Axel's weight rating is? I ask because this is a cool idea just wondering the limits of the axles weight rating. (Dont mean to thread jack)

Unforgiven

ccequipment

I figure about 7,000lbs is a good safe load any more than that and you will be overtaxing the brakes. Yes the axle is rated at 14,000, the bags are 7500lbs a piece, but you have to factor in the saftey of you and everyone else including the truck frame. Its amazing how this thing rides, and I did just do the simple leveling valves for the bags. So no matter how much weight you put on it will stay the same height. I started with one valve, but after hanging the fuel tank full of fuel the truck tilted a little to that side, so I put another leveling valve on to split the bags up, so it will sit level if you have an uneven load. This should be much safer for dumping operations

tm america

Nice idea on the separate balance valves. I think on the street this works great . But for offroad can seriously effect articulation and traction . :confused:

ccequipment

Thats why I wanted to stay with one valve, but I flexed it out some and it still works well, it takes a few seconds for the valve to catch up when you are moving so you get some good axle movment, plus the frames on these trucks twist big time. I had acutally had all the 4 link parts and bags here before the extreme show came on, Ian just beat me to it.

CC, how hard would it be to put a coil spring in place of those bags? What id love to see next is a bobber with 4 link and coil springs and also airbags for when carrying a big load.

would make for great ride on and off road, still be able to carry a large pay load and have the redundancy if a air bag broke or vice versa.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks