• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crossmember/ tansmission mount

MrBouncer

I was told that my transmission mount/crossmember was bent, that it should be at leat 13/16 higher on the ends than in the middle. Mine is about that on the drivers side but almost even with the middle on the passenger side. I need to know if what I was told was accurate. I cant find a full picture much less dimisions in the TMs. Any help is greatly needed and appreciated. always

Zero_cool

sorry i cant find my stock crossmember to take pics of, to much crap in the garage, but yours does look bent to me. I think a little heat and she will straighten out pretty nice.
good luck
dan

DokWatson

That crossmember is extremely bent. It should sit flat on a level surface, with the ends that bolt to the frame being slightly raised. I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, you can find one at a junk yard.

Last edited: