• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crossmember/ tansmission mount

MrBouncer

I was told that my transmission mount/crossmember was bent, that it should be at leat 13/16 higher on the ends than in the middle. Mine is about that on the drivers side but almost even with the middle on the passenger side. I need to know if what I was told was accurate. I cant find a full picture much less dimisions in the TMs. Any help is greatly needed and appreciated. always

Zero_cool

sorry i cant find my stock crossmember to take pics of, to much crap in the garage, but yours does look bent to me. I think a little heat and she will straighten out pretty nice.
good luck
dan

DokWatson

That crossmember is extremely bent. It should sit flat on a level surface, with the ends that bolt to the frame being slightly raised. I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, you can find one at a junk yard.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks