• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cruising speed and rpm?

stumps

Well now, there is an interesting point you must consider:

How does the speedometer know what size tires are on the truck?
RL
It wouldn't. I was told that the speedometer gear would be changed on a deuce with 11x20 inch tires vs one with 9x20 inch tires.

-Chuck

stumps

Sorry Chuck, my humor tends to be a bit harsh at times. I didn't mean elders in age, but experience. I thought some of your answers were a bit curt with those trying to help. But I could be wrong, it happens on a daily basis. Truley no harm meant.
No harm was perceived. If I seemed curt, it wasn't my intention.... I was looking to help, not looking for help.
The one statement that is serious though is don't get wrapped up in analysis paralysis.
Always good advice.... Where was I over analyzing?
You may also want to do a compression check. I've got the heads off of 2 LDS's right now and all 4 are cracked in the expected places. They're on the way to get magnafluxed tomorrow. Like the others have said, fuel system needs to be checked top to bottom.
It isn't my engine that we are talking about. Mine has 150 hours on it, and behaves like new in all ways as far as I can tell. The turbo whistles up a storm like the whistler it is. If it has any flaws, it might be a need to have its fuel turned up a little bit.

-Chuck

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Wow this thread got way off topic. So would your truck go past 2100 rpm in any other gear? Mine started doing something very similar, it would pull hard up to 2100 then drop off, shift to next gear same thing. cruising 5th gear would slowly work its way up to 2200, start pulling a hill though and it would drop down to 1950-2000 and i could feel it kick in and accelerate to 2100 rpm then drop off again, all while still going up hill. sounds like govenor, yet down hill it would go all the way to 2600, i wouldn't pull to 2600 but it would go that high but no higher. If it is the gov. how do i fix that? i've looked but can't find any info on it.