• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushing a Car with a Deuce.

IRWFO

My wife just sent this over to me. It seems this is someone from my area. Her friends husbands partner or boss or something like that. Either way he almost took out a lot more then the car. I wish we could see what happened after he got hung up and was near kissing the red truck.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IuL0sBkt3E[/media]

bkwudzhom

If he was a bit smarter he woulda done some body work and sold the corvair on e-bay and made a little extra $ to fix up the duece with.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hear the rod knocking? Not the smartest thing to do, good way to get metal in the tires.

Wolf.Dose

Two things:
First: The truck was not heavy enough to really make the car flat. A minimum of 2 tons of load is missing.
Second: for me ist was a misuse of a Deuce. We, if in the truck scene, all do know, which harm a truck can do to a passenger car.
From the second point of view this video is obsolute. Nowbody needs it. Better records can be done every year in Beltring with vehicles which realy can crush the vehicles they run over. And videos of this kind do not really improve the common sence in our way. Ordinary people will only think: These beasts are dangerous to us so they must be illegal.
I once drowe trucks in the Army which realy could crush passenger cars. The Deuce weigth was not really half of their payload! Their curb weight was 16 to 19 metric tons. And I low these trucks! Unfortunately I neither have the money nor the space to maintain them.
Wolf from Germany

dburt

I suppose it is something we all would like to try sometime, but with someone else's truck, not my own! I agree, he should have sold the Corvair to someone and used the bucks to upgrade his truck. Oh well, we all have done stupid things in our younger days!

Chevytruck

"objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

bad idea for the underside of that poor deuce, he could do some damage underneath

and why would you want to wreck a good looking car like that...
unless you really hated it :twisted:

undysworld

Nobdy would be complaining if it had been a Yugo!:-D

Seriously, after having just fought the Wisconsin DOT (for a year) after they took away our titles/plates for our Pinzgauers because they were unsafe (!!!), I have to agree that furthering the public's impression that ex-military vehicles are too unsafe to license for on-road, civilian use is not a wise idea.

But, that said, it still must have been fun watching/doing. :twisted:

Undy

randyscycle

Woulda been better if it had been a 5 ton........:-D

Sad to beat on a deuce that way though. I think it needs a loving home here at my place where I'd only drive it over smaller, less valuable cars.

boomer

I saw that video a few months ago. What an idiot! Crushing a car, that someone would be interested in, to restore, or parts. Not knowing how to drive (a duece), and almost turning over. My friend has a motto; certain people should not have guns. With this, M.V.'s can now be included.

spentshell

His car..... his truck.....do what you want to it, looks like fun to me. I wouldnt do it to my truck but at least he has the freedom to destroy his own stuff.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
corvairs are rare. a sin to destroy one. They are prime candidates also for a caddy eldorado powerplant and transaxle..

post the mercedes crushing, I don't like mercedes. lot of snotty people drive them here and think they own the road.

But the worst thing is I can hear his RPM is overspeed. no wonder the grim reaper is knocking at his block.

Last edited:

littlebob

I've done plenty of stupid in my younger years and just now in my mid forties realizing that there are some things you don't say, some things you don't put in writing, somethings you don't video and some things you probably put on the internet. I sure the guy was younger than I and as I'm a late learner myself I'm not going to bash the guy for not thinking about the negative impact from some morons' perceptions of a guy just having fun with his toys.

Still Learning,
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks