• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushing a Car with a Deuce.

A few years ago, a deuce wasn't worth more than a few bucks a ton. In our younger years, with roaring testosterone, who of us wouldn't have loved to drive over a car in an outrageous truck? Who of us find ourselves grimace when you hear your chassis rattle over a nasty pothole? And how many of us are in between somewhere?

Today, prices are going up daily for spare parts and the time will come where only the staunchest of us will be able to afford to buy a decent deuce.

But for today, we're all just different shades of OD green with a penchant for our hobby.

A few years ago, a deuce wasn't worth more than a few bucks a ton. In our younger years, with roaring testosterone, who of us wouldn't have loved to drive over a car in an outrageous truck? Who of us find ourselves grimace when you hear your chassis rattle over a nasty pothole? And how many of us are in between somewhere?

Today, prices are going up daily for spare parts and the time will come where only the staunchest of us will be able to afford to buy a decent deuce.

But for today, we're all just different shades of OD green with a penchant for our hobby.
Well, I doubt the ladies hereabouts had roaring testosterone. :rofl:

littlebob

If he doesn't video it and post it on the INTERNET, there would be no discussion here, or anywhere, would be my point. I do less stupid than I used to, but I still do stupid.:D

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the guy complaining about the skateboarder getting injured and making his insurance go premiums go up.....I hope you are an example of fine health and not an obese, burger snorting retard like a large portion of America, otherwise, you have no room to talk. The health complications associated with obesity and their costs of treatment far outweigh all extreme sports COMBINED. <br />
<br />
Rant over....have a great day ladies and gents.<br />
<br />
Quit hating on us youngsters....you'll rely on us to pay your social security someday.
<br />

Well that is a real good point you make there. Nobody hates youngsters or you, and it might come as a shock that educated people do not consider the already broken promise of SS money to be worth anything other than a suppliment or hobby money.

I'd like to take a moment to address the burgers, intelligence, and obesity thing. I sometimes snort burgers. I had 5 today from Jack in the Box. Two bacon cheeseburgers, two cheeseburgers, and one sourdough burger.

Now, I aint as big as that guy in the picture and at least I keep my shirt on.

But you know what buster? Lemme ask you one thing to start with here, about intelligence.

How many patents in high tech you you have, sir? Let's talk about it since you brought it up.

As a matter of fact I have two. Sole inventor.

Now, as we know, some patents are rather humdrum, and others are remarkable things never before done. Some are done by engineering teams, and some are done by sole inventors.

I invented the MEMS Radiometer 7,495,199. If you don't inderstand what that is, you might want to look it up in some books (oops, it's not in textbooks yet) before considering a reply about the retardedness of burger-snorters. You may aso wish to review 6,313,878.

BTW. It is more polite to use the words stupid or ingnorant to describe what (I think) you mean, unless you are out to insult mentally handicapped people whom, through no fault of their own, have a hard time thikning or relating.

Now, let's talk about accomplishments of a sporting nature since I did in fact snort burgers today.

Your post seems to focus on a person's fitness or diet as a guage of worth.

What is the largest dirt bike you ever raced and how far? not ridden at a park, but raced? In a race. I rode a Honda 600 4-stroke 100 miles in cross country races several times and have the injuries to prove it, both from the beatings and the wrecks. But that is not very extreme or too dangerous. That is, in case something happens, people are spotting and there is almost always a way out. But that is very old news. I ride an ATV these days.

How many miles out into the gulf of mexico have you taken a sea-doo, alone, without telling anyone beforehand, sir? I took a rental out 7 miles in 6-7FT seas. That was what I considered an interesting afternoon. That was 2 years ago. I had not snorted any burgers that day though so maybe it does not count. Or maybe that's not really a sport of any kind. Some guy who operates a 35FT commercial fishing boat said it was crazy. Whatever.

Next time you think to make ill-considered remarks on this board about people who snort burgers, it might be prudent to consider that burger-snorters, people whom you do not even know, have made various useful accomplishments and do participate in demanding activites. Many of us burger snorters also can still lift a rifle to defend our country if necessary, regardless of other factors.

Furthermore, it is policy here to avoid insulting people or groups of people. It's rude. Don't start nuthin, and nuthin gets started.

In a few years, I will enjoy that social security as spending money supplimenting my retirement, so be sure to have a good education and a good job, because I like to spend money on toys and adventure.

I hope I have not been hasty, but I have military duty tomorrow and have to give commo training and it is late so I had to hurry. Old people need their sleep.

Thank you.

Attachments

Unforgiven

Agreed. And don't forget to add that it is WE who paid OUR OWN portion of Social Security. It is not the younger generation that will pay for us. Rather, it is our own hard work and a lifetime of labor that will make for that ever-diminishing Social Security check in our old age. The hidden "inflation tax" that results from the fiat currency of the "Un"Federal Reserve is what forces an ever increasing portion of paychecks to go towards Social Security. Don't blame me for decisions made by the PRIVATE banking system known as the Fed.

But, that's the status of education in America nowadays. The younger citizens don't even understand basic economics.

nhdiesel

Some of us (O.K., I'm not THAT young) understand it enough to know part of the problem is also the people who manage to get on Social Security in their 20's and never get off it. I know of a guy here in town who worked less than a year, then got on SS for anxiety and will be on it the rest of his life. He paid in a year and will collect for 60+ years.

I take part in dangerous hobbies as often as I can. Nothing too extreme, but motorcycling, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling can all have bad accidents. Even some of us just driving around in our 40+ year old vehicles could be considered by some to be dangerous. I just don't expect anyone else to pay if something happens. I know I'm enjoying myself, doing what I like, and if something happens I still had a better life than if I sat on my couch.

I just wish they would have used a Kia in the video instead of a Corvair.

Jim