• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CT DMV

timass1

Looking for some advice.I just picked up my m109a3 from anneville and trucked it back. I went to dmv here in Putnam and because of the MGVW of 23,???LBs they said I needed a commercial dot inspection and dot numbers to be visable on the truck. Then she talked with her boss and came back with a tele.# to call to see if I can get a waiver. I know the m35a2 are around 13-14,000 lbs and well under the 18,000 cutoff point. So if I get a waiver what is intailed with the vin verication,do they just verify the data plate or do they check the frame # as well. Secondly the mfg.data plarte is missing so I don't know what the make is or what the yr.of mfg. is.Will this further put the brakes on the whole deal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

timass1

I took the truck to the DMV to get vin checked today. They looked at the number I put on the registration form to make sure it matched the one on the data plate. stamped the ticket, and gave me my plates. Exept the two hour wait in line it was the easiest vehicle I ever registered. No inspection, no nothing. Done deal.

Looking for some advice.I just picked up my m109a3 from anneville and trucked it back. I went to dmv here in Putnam and because of the MGVW of 23,???LBs they said I needed a commercial dot inspection and dot numbers to be visable on the truck. Then she talked with her boss and came back with a tele.# to call to see if I can get a waiver. I know the m35a2 are around 13-14,000 lbs and well under the 18,000 cutoff point. So if I get a waiver what is intailed with the vin verication,do they just verify the data plate or do they check the frame # as well. Secondly the mfg.data plarte is missing so I don't know what the make is or what the yr.of mfg. is.Will this further put the brakes on the whole deal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

saddamsnightmare

June 20th, 2010.

Mudstone:

Old man, you might want to wait to get your M35's down here...... 1. Texas is much better climatewise for an M35 (no rock salt on the road in the winters) and 2. much more favorable to MV's.... I don't know about OK, but Texas is one of the better places to look, and if you're moving down here you won't have to pay to haul or pay for fuel to get your truck here.... Just a thought.:)

jimm1009

You are "tinkeling in the breeze" if the data plate is missing.
Get a replacement data plate and stamp or engrave it, install it, and then get your truck inspected.
If they see it without a data plate the sh#t will hit the fan. It is not your fault as it came like that but it is a felony to remove the VIN plate from the vehicle.
They won't charge you but they will become way way less cooperative when they see that.
Plates are available and not expensive. On average, a new plate and engraving can be as cheap as $45 which is a small price to pay.
I know an engraver here that has done a few data plates that does and excellent job if you don't have one there.
It takes about a week on average as they are busy but worth the wait.
jimm1009 here on S.S. or e-mail; jimm1009@yahoo.com

PS: what Kyle said is correct. Texas does keep their vehicles in pretty good shape body wise. The paint can be rougher from the sand blowing but there is virtually no rust in central and west Texas.

Last edited:

timass1

The data plate with the sn# is there but is there usually a mfg.data plate one that states who built the truck and the yr. of mfg. And are they going to look for that to verify the vin# Thanks for the input thus far jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks