• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Controller problem

stutzcattle

Just got an A3 and then controller that was on it worked off and on. It would show the black line all the way across the screen at times and at other times it would look like arabic symbols were typed in. It even worked correctly some of the time. The unit functions correctly, it's just the display that seems to not work.

I replaced the controller with another and all I get now is the black line/boxes all the way across the screen. I wiggled the crap out of the wires and don't see any response when I do that. The unit still functions correctly I just don't have a display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lavarok

Just got an A3 and then controller that was on it worked off and on. It would show the black line all the way across the screen at times and at other times it would look like arabic symbols were typed in. It even worked correctly some of the time. The unit functions correctly, it's just the display that seems to not work.

I replaced the controller with another and all I get now is the black line/boxes all the way across the screen. I wiggled the crap out of the wires and don't see any response when I do that. The unit still functions correctly I just don't have a display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CM will repair it for you, sounds like a "minor" repair so figure about $150.

tomcata3

that is the same person that sells them wcgirl222

send her an email, as far a troubleshooting you could open box ( looks like outlet cover) on unit an unplug circuit board to see if anything is burnt, I had one that was , I had it repaired and now keep as spare

Rustygears

The unit under the truck has nothing to do with the legibility of the character display. All it has are the drivers for the selenoid valves. Your problem sounds like a power or more likely a grounding issue. Check that out fully & carefully.

stutzcattle

The unit under the truck has nothing to do with the legibility of the character display. All it has are the drivers for the selenoid valves. Your problem sounds like a power or more likely a grounding issue. Check that out fully & carefully.

I kinda wondered about a ground issue. Everything is painted so thick, that'll be my first avenue. Thanks for the tip.

stutzcattle

I checked the ground and it seems to be good. Again, the unit works it just doesn't display. Would it be worth replacing the entire harness?

indy4x4fab

Banned
I would have your heads up display tested first, start small and work to big problem. The solder points may have become loose for your display and even if you did replace the hole harness it still wouldn't fix the display problem.

jaymcb

If you get contact info, please update the thread. I have a spare head unit with a dead (all black) display as well, and I would be interested in having a spare if it can be done reasonably. I wonder if they would give a SS 'group discount'? I'd have this one re-calibrated for 48-50PSI for highway driving

What I didn't know when I got my A3 was that it can take a LONG time for the CTIS to pump the tires up to 40+ PSI. It takes mine as long as 10 miles of driving AFTER a 10-15 minute warmup and PMCS.

In fairness, my A3 has 395's, which are a might bit bigger than the stock tires

Why did you disconnect it? Not working properly?
The tires were all leaking down (2 would go completely flat in 6-7 days). I wanted to fix the system but after getting into it and realizing all of the potential areas for leaks I decided just to remove it and install schrader valves. It sure rides a lot smoother now.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires were all leaking down (2 would go completely flat in 6-7 days). I wanted to fix the system but after getting into it and realizing all of the potential areas for leaks I decided just to remove it and install schrader valves. It sure rides a lot smoother now.
Just wondering. My conrtol head was unplugged when I got mine and I have not played with it yet to see if it's working properly. If not, i'm not spending any cash on it, it's all coming off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks