• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS ECU Application

GTR0419

OK folks, I'm gonna throw something out here that I already believe I know the answer too, but since this is the first time I've needed one I want some verification.

Are the Eaton CTIS ECU units interchangeable. I need one for an M1078, but have had no joy locating one for anywhere less than the price of a new set of tires using the part number in the M1078 TM. I have found units for the M939 and M35A2.

I think my answer is NO due to different vehicle weights and tire sizes being reflected in the ECU programming. But I am not schooled in the CTIS systems, so...............anyone with 2cents?

BTW, I just realized I could cross ref the part number with the other vehicle TM's, but would still like other input.

Thanks as always!

sandcobra164

It's all in the programming. It has to be a package deal though. I've tried to swap a M939A2 CTIS Controller into an FMTV and got the flashing lights. I'm a mechanic in the National Guard part time. When the full time guy called Eaton to inquire, he said that they were identical boxes but they would not ¨recognize¨ the rest of the components downstream such as the pressure sending units and valves until it was reprogrammed. If you get one for cheap from a M939A2 truck, do not expect it to be plug and play. I thought the only difference would be tire pressure settings but otherwise normal but I found out differently.

GTR0419

Really? Interesting. I wonder what the difference in tire size and pressures is? Must be really close. I just found a brand new M1078 unit for $200. So, it won't be an issue on this truck, but its still good info for the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks