• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS ECU Application

GTR0419

OK folks, I'm gonna throw something out here that I already believe I know the answer too, but since this is the first time I've needed one I want some verification.

Are the Eaton CTIS ECU units interchangeable. I need one for an M1078, but have had no joy locating one for anywhere less than the price of a new set of tires using the part number in the M1078 TM. I have found units for the M939 and M35A2.

I think my answer is NO due to different vehicle weights and tire sizes being reflected in the ECU programming. But I am not schooled in the CTIS systems, so...............anyone with 2cents?

BTW, I just realized I could cross ref the part number with the other vehicle TM's, but would still like other input.

Thanks as always!

sandcobra164

It's all in the programming. It has to be a package deal though. I've tried to swap a M939A2 CTIS Controller into an FMTV and got the flashing lights. I'm a mechanic in the National Guard part time. When the full time guy called Eaton to inquire, he said that they were identical boxes but they would not ¨recognize¨ the rest of the components downstream such as the pressure sending units and valves until it was reprogrammed. If you get one for cheap from a M939A2 truck, do not expect it to be plug and play. I thought the only difference would be tire pressure settings but otherwise normal but I found out differently.

GTR0419

Really? Interesting. I wonder what the difference in tire size and pressures is? Must be really close. I just found a brand new M1078 unit for $200. So, it won't be an issue on this truck, but its still good info for the future.