• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 383 Green Paint

chevymike

Terra1936

The sprayer dials down to spray camo. Takes practice and I use a piece of cardboard to test. 2 coats. I mark out with chalk. As for 1 galloon of base green. That is on a M1009. My other trucks have taken more.
Yes I was a sceptic at first. Remember it is a 30 day cure time to be safe.
I painted my car trailer with flat black 5 years ago with no prep and it still looks great,
The military vehicles are flat or satin. I would never paint my vette with it, Well........ unless it would need camo!

ssdvc

TERRA, that looks pretty damn good. So, questions:

1. What was the total amount of green used?
2. Are you going all green or going three color camo? Mine is camo right now, but I have some very small areas of rust I want to address and I am thinking I may want to go straight green.
3. If you are doing camo, what are you using to apply the other colors?
4. How flat is the final product? If you had to do it over, would you consider going up one sheen?
4. Lastly, what size tires are those. Stance looks good (is it lifted?).

Terra1936

2. Are you going all green or going three color camo? Mine is camo right now, but I have some very small areas of rust I want to address and I am thinking I may want to go straight green.
4. How flat is the final product? If you had to do it over, would you consider going up one sheen?
I used 1 gallon green. 2 coats and a couple of areas have 3.
I picked up for 3 color camo but my daughter likes the green.
I mark out the design with chalk and use the same sprayer. Practice on cardboard and it works great. Soft edges like the original.
Pretty flat! Looks like carc. I have used eggshell on another vehicle and it looked ok. I prefer the flat.
I think 2 inch lift. I will look at the tire size.
Thanks!

Terra1936

33x12.50R15LT Hope that helps!
100_1075.JPG

SomeNewGuy

I see your hood is popped... did you paint it with it open? If so, did you cover the engine bay from overspray or was it not an issue.
Also looks like you painted the grille while it was still attached, did you cover the radiator?

I don't have a garage or a friendly mall garage to use so I'll have to paint it in the summer outside.
Any tips on mix/spray whatever on painting it outdoors in 90f 70% humidity?

Terra1936

I see your hood is popped... did you paint it with it open? If so, did you cover the engine bay from overspray or was it not an issue.
Also looks like you painted the grille while it was still attached, did you cover the radiator?

I don't have a garage or a friendly mall garage to use so I'll have to paint it in the summer outside.
Any tips on mix/spray whatever on painting it outdoors in 90f 70% humidity?
No overspray issue with the gun I use. I did not remove grill as I am lazy and no overspray on the radiator. I did not even use a drop cloth. I consider it a military vehicle and saw some of the guys assigned paint duty in other units and they were using brushes. Mine I think looks better than that. I have removed the masking and will try to take more photos in the sun.
I do not think you can have success at 90 degrees. If the metal is hot it looks horrible. As for the humidity, you don't have a relative or friend you can visit for a couple of days in cooler area? In Laws?

SomeNewGuy

No overspray issue with the gun I use. I did not remove grill as I am lazy and no overspray on the radiator. I did not even use a drop cloth. I consider it a military vehicle and saw some of the guys assigned paint duty in other units and they were using brushes. Mine I think looks better than that. I have removed the masking and will try to take more photos in the sun.
I do not think you can have success at 90 degrees. If the metal is hot it looks horrible. As for the humidity, you don't have a relative or friend you can visit for a couple of days in cooler area? In Laws?
I'll have to do do sooner then...

No overspray? What was your distance to the surface?

Sorry for all the questiona, it looks great and I've never painted a car before outside some battle rattle and I want mine to look even better than yours ;)

Terra1936

I'll have to do do sooner then...

No overspray? What was your distance to the surface?

Sorry for all the questiona, it looks great and I've never painted a car before outside some battle rattle and I want mine to look even better than yours ;)
6 to 8 inches. That is what the manual said. It works great thinned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks