• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv 6.2 diesel

itsunday25

i am trying to put a mechianal oil pressure gauge in my cucv dos eney know how i could put one in it i dont like the lighti want to c wat its at

OL AG '89

Look at the TM!!!![thumbzup]
There is a oil pressure transmitter at the rear of the block on the drivers side. I suggest however you go with an electrical gauge. The chance of getting a hot oil bath from a failed oil line run into the cab is not a good thing.:shock:

OL AG '89

Oops.... put a tee fitting in at the transmiter location as the idiot light is good thing..... just incase you aren't actively watching the gauges during your drive..... or you lend the truck or ........ The truck has made it this far with the light, so it's pobably a good idea to keep ALL of the lights and buzzers...:)

1986Blazerk5

I tapped into the valve on the drivers side of the raditor, it was easy to install there, i have a mechanical gaige i like more then a electrical, make sure you dont open the valve to much or it will leak on the top

acmunro

oil line

I suggest however you go with an electrical gauge. The chance of getting a hot oil bath from a failed oil line run into the cab is not a good thing.:shock:
If one prefers a mechanical gauge they could always use 1/8" stainless steel tubing rather that the plastic line most gauges are supplied with. I've used it in the past and it is very tough stuff. Should help avoid the oil bath.

BIG_RED

If you use metal line, don't let it rub up against anything metal in the engine bay. Wrap it with a slit fuel line or something.. cause the vibrating engine likes to wear out the walls of thin metal tubes fast. (words of bad experience).

beanman1

hey 1986blazerk5 if your valve is leaking out of the top you need to tigjten the top nut right under the spin handle there is an oring there the vibrations might of made it come loose just give it little tighten and the leak should stop

blitzengine

Look at the TM!!!![thumbzup]
There is a oil pressure transmitter at the rear of the block on the drivers side. I suggest however you go with an electrical gauge. The chance of getting a hot oil bath from a failed oil line run into the cab is not a good thing.:shock:

I myself use copper tubbing with my mechanical oil gauge for now, until I can afford decent electrical gauges this is my set up for now,

Cheers :beer:

OL AG '89

I looked under hood last night....?

Y'all keep mentioning a valve on the driver's side of the radiator and although I am not 100% on the truck, I have never seen a valve on mine. I had to reconfirm this last night.
YEP, no valve..... IS this what was once the oil sample program valve?
I remember collecting samples but we were doing on BIG trucks, not the little ones...
hmmmm..... Any where this mysterious valve may be located or maybe I just didn't look in the right place...?

Can someone post a picture of the valve and approximate location of the valve??

Thanks

1986Blazerk5

Yes both are mechanical, they get light from the voltmeter bulb it is branched into two wires to have two bulbs, there are mounted where the voltmeter went it didnt work anyway so i used the space for other gauges

cucv1833

Y'all keep mentioning a valve on the driver's side of the radiator and although I am not 100% on the truck, I have never seen a valve on mine. I had to reconfirm this last night.
YEP, no valve..... IS this what was once the oil sample program valve?
I remember collecting samples but we were doing on BIG trucks, not the little ones...
hmmmm..... Any where this mysterious valve may be located or maybe I just didn't look in the right place...?

Can someone post a picture of the valve and approximate location of the valve??

Thanks

I was atempting to install a mech. oil presure gauge but could not get the oil sending unit off so i guess i need to buy that special socket. Then i read this thread and noticied the valve by the radiater so i was going to do that. But theres no valve on my M1009 so i looked on my M1008 and there it is plain as day. i wonder why its on one truck and not the other oh well im gunna get the socket and put it were the sending unit is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks