• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV custom bumper

will keep you guys updated. Jason got in touch with me, expecting it to be on my 09 by the weekend. I will ask him about plans. He responds to texts pretty fast you guys can contact him at 619-9421147 if you have questions. Otherwise I will post updates and pics as it progresses.

Im pretty excited to get this thing mounted up. Im also thinking a rear bumper as money allows. Additionally I have a HMWV 4 man Gypsy rack that I cut down and welded to fir the blazer perfectly. Im going to have bars fabbed up to support it, one in the rear and one near the front of the hard top and one that follows the lines of the body up the windshield support. Should be pretty rugged and strong enough to sleep on with the wife if need be.

something similar out of plate, but want it to be kind of a step. Same deal with black out lights and rear shackle mounts, etc. I want to retain the pintle mount also and accommodate a plate and a light for it. Will consider a swing away jerry can holder I have by Gypsy rack depending upon weight.

After some debate I have told him to hold off on cutting a hole for the winch cable to come through. Im going to attack that at a later date. Also of note is that since im going to use the original shackle design and he's cutting hole into the bumper for them, im going to have to lengthen the bar out. Im going to hit up the parts trucks I have access to tomorrow and pull two more bars and cut and weld them in order to achieve clearance for the new bumper. Should be done tomorrow so once its mounted up I will measure and cut accordingly. Also still waiting for the blackout light holes.:grd:

GOT IT!. Picked her up today and spent several hours putting everything together. Ended up welding up longer bars for the shackles, Beating the mounts outward about .25" with a mallet easy day. Hooked up the blackout lights, broke one in the process. (Glad I had a spare in reserve) Touched up some piant where i scuffed it up, bolted it up using some real nice stainless hardware, etc, etc. Finished product is very nice and VERY SOLID.

Jason and his brother were even going to mount it up for me in the parking lot when they dropped off. I had to cut the end off of the little grill mounted black out light shade thing. Will work that over some other time and attatch the grounds for the bumper mounted blackout lights.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks