• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV drive to Fort McClary and Memorial Bridge

Skinny

IMG_1864.jpgIMG_1867.jpgIMG_1866.jpgIMG_1856.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1860.jpgIMG_1861.jpgIMG_1857.jpgIMG_1859.jpgIMG_1862.jpgSo my GEN 2 decided to lose its mindagain. I just rebuilt it a year ago with less than a thousand mileson it. The charge light started to flash when I was selling my house,moving my stuff with a U-Haul trailer to a storage unit, and going tosign papers in the pouring rain. In the meantime, I unplugged the GEN2 and just plugged the ol' girl in overnight. She has on boardbattery chargers.

Today's mission was to yank GEN 2 for aquick rebuild. This morning was a quick 2 hour session whichincluding some basic maintenance such as rubber/fluid checks,draining water from fuel filter, and running up the Genny to checkall my voltages. I proceeded to take the CUCV on a short tour whilethe weather was beautiful.

I went out to Fort McClary in Kittery,ME. Great view overlooking a ton of boats tied up. Since the MemorialBridge going from Kittery, ME to Portsmouth, NH just was finished afew weeks ago I headed in that direction. I grabbed a few photosleading up to the bridge when I was given the red signal. SCORE! CuckVee photo op on the bridge...yee haw!

Truck charged great the entire ride,burned a bunch of diesel fuel, made lots of noise, and listened tosome good tunes. Life sucks then you die...

Last edited: