• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV engine block repair

JasonS

Can you post a pic of the broken block?

I put a remote filter on a smallblock chevy. It is a little smaller than the filter base, but not by much.

Tapping the oils holes might be the way to go. Make sure you use a good filter if you do not have a bypass. I run wix or K&Ns, on my truck with no bypass. I also make sure it is warm before I run it hard. Lesser filters can come apart internally or explode do to too much pressure and restriction.

Use a ford/ chrysler filter with the bypass built in.

blackhueys

JB weld is good stuf my friend had a old mazda b200 P/U blew number one rod out the side well we changed the oil and pulled what we could out it broke real close to the crank thankfull so there was no clearance issues but what we did was jb weld a plate over the hole about 3 inches in size held up as long as he had it 3 years till he sold it!

rlwm211

I like the remote filter idea. I would consider taking a remote adapter and adding to it with aluminum to fill the void that is there from the damage to the block casting. Once you are close, slather it with High Temp Silicone seal and the put it on permanently..
You may have to manually machine the block to make a better surface for the adapter plus the added fill to take up, but aluminum is very easily welded and if you take a pattern of the block after you grind it, you can use that as a guide for building up the adapter to fit tightly in the area. You could use some sort of moldable putty, or even bondo if you know you can get it off.
The real issue will be getting the adpter to torque tight enough to make a permanent seal.

Just an idea may not work, but I thought I would throw it out for comment.
RL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks