• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV four color MERDC camo?

SteveUK

You wanted a CUCV in M1009

Hi,
How about this M1009 I photographed in 2008 at the War & Peace Show in England? I think it came from Holland and I recall it being in a great overall condition and the paint job was superb, standing out from the usual three-colours seen on the showground.
A mere six years on and I now have an M1009 in its original overall CARC green.
The W&P Show is the world's biggest military vehicle event (sorry guys) with 3500-4000 mvs on the gigantic showground and takes place this year on July 16-20 in Kent (30 mls from London) on a former Battle of Britain fighter base and horse racetrack. Come over and you will be made very welcome. Visit www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk
If I can upload it I have a short video I took taking in the entire site last year - and the weather was fantastic!

Attachments

SteveUK

Another W&P video

And this one which gives you a better idea of what you can see at W&P. This is what was happening at the furthest edge of the showground - in the distance from the race track grandstand. Traffic like this is moving around the site all day everyday and while the show is open to the public for four days the site is open to enthusiasts who camp for two weeks soaking up the unique atmosphere.

Apologies for the soundtrack to the first video (complete with coughs - because of the dust NOT London fog - and the Mary Poppins chatter) and for leading the thread in another direction

There is something for everyone at this show and I counted about 25 CUCVs on the entry list last year - and every other kind of tank, APC, SPG, truck, motorcycle, staff cars, you can think of.

Attachments

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the MERDC paint scheme on CUCV's. It's rare and unique. :) I may just repaint my M1009 in the desert verdant in post #8. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks