• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv fuel pump rod trouble

sante

Help.
I tried to replace my fuel pump, got old off ok, but can't keep cam rod up to install new one. Tried hacksaw blade trick, failed tried 4 different greases, failed . Told about a bolt that u could remove and put longer one in, but there isn't one ( can't find it there is, checked a cucv blazer none there) I don't know what else to do. Any ideas? I tried for 8 hrs and no luck
Thanks
Sante

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tip it on it's side?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump the engine over a bit. Lobe is likely on the down stroke. GAA looks like and has a similar consistency of peanut butter. Works for me.

Hasdrubal

I've done many fuel pump re & re's. A dab of regular multi-purpose grease on the end has never failed to retain the rod in position. You must be doing something wrong. First make sure it goes all the way up with your finger, as every one else has said. Put the grease on the end going in, I just put the end in the grease container so that there about 3/4 inch covering the rod and the grease blob is about a 1/4 inch wider in diameter. That's it, unless the laws of physics has been altered in your locale...it will stay up.